Liteon 812S vs Pioneer 107D vs LG 4082B (Help me choose)

vbimport

I didn’t want to cross post so I figured I’d just post this in one of the hardware forums.

I plan on doing some ps2 game backups, dvd movie backups, and other file backup archives.

I didn’t include NEC 2500A because i think i read that it doesnt have + media bitsetting.

I would be using Ritek G04 media as it is available quite readily in my area.

So, keeping all of the above information in mind, which dvd burner should i choose?

(i was leaning towards the liteon due to all these utilities being available, and also because it has 40x cdr speeds…)

[QUOTE=ELiTE KiLLaH]I didn’t want to cross post so I figured I’d just post this in one of the hardware forums.

I plan on doing some ps2 game backups, dvd movie backups, and other file backup archives.

I didn’t include NEC 2500A because i think i read that it doesnt have + media bitsetting.

Ive got a 812s also. But fyi nec 2500 supports bitsetting with hacked firmware by henry i think

Posting this in the LiteOn forum will bias the results towards LiteOn.

If you’re worried about +R bitsetting, then the 107D is the one you should be knocking off your list, not the 2500A.

Thread moved to a more appropriate location.

By Herry you mean. Yes, NEC ND-2500A supports bitsetting. So does Lite-On.

GSA-4082B doesn’t support bitsetting for DVD+R and DVD+RW. So far, none of the LG DVD writers officially supports it.

Yeah my bad I didnt realize i was in the liteon section at the time of creating this post :eek: Thx for moving it.

ANyways, Ok so i found out that NEC 2500A does support bitsetting with hacked firmware, but pioneer 107D doesnt support it at all??

(lol maybe i already knew this, but got the drive models mixed up in my head…i dunno)

My friend has that LG…and tried bitsetting…i’ll let him know that it wont work no matter what he does lol :slight_smile:

ok so as it stands, its either liteon or NEC
is either one of them more compatible with Ritek G04 dvd-rs ?
If it doesnt really matter, I guess i’ll go ahead with liteon 812S lol :cool: (its cheaper haha)

And is there any point in buying 832s over 812s, when 812s can be flashed (with hacked firmware) to 832s ?

(like, for example, are there any critical hardware differences that will not let 812s burn dual layer + media faster than 2.4x in the future?)

thx :bigsmile: