Liteon 812s or benq 822a

vbimport

#1

hi
which of these two burners are the best for copying games and dvd movie discs
thanks


#2

Originally posted by mars1
hi
which of these two burners are the best for copying games and dvd movie discs
thanks

For copying games, the LiteOn. For copying movies, and DVD burner would perform the same.


#3

The BenQ will have the edge in copying DVD9 (dual layer) Movies down the road (in retaining quality). :stuck_out_tongue:


#4

@Vanderlow

Where did you get your DW-822A? I’m having a hard time finding one.


#5

Originally posted by Vanderlow
The BenQ will have the edge in copying DVD9 (dual layer) Movies down the road (in retaining quality). :stuck_out_tongue:

But the BenQ DL FW hasn’t even been released. How could you say that come Sept. 30, the BenQ FW will outdo a 812S@832S (using whatever the latest 832S firmware is out at that time) when it comes to DL? (BTW, 812S@832S DL has been confirmed to indeed work, not by me, of course–I’m not that fortunate to have DL media)


#6

Originally posted by code65536
(BTW, 812S@832S DL has been confirmed to indeed work, not by me, of course–I’m not that fortunate to have DL media)

Confirmed with an actual burned disc??


#7

Originally posted by DMagic1
Confirmed with an actual burned disc??

yes results were in another thread…though we may never see this firmware:eek:


#8

Well if you are never going to see the firmware, what good is it? Since Lite-on’s firmware will not be official backed, at this point I regard it as heresy, unless Kprobes, actual tests in players, and someone definitely stands up and says they are going to release it and they’ll stand by that it works. The parts are slightly different too, spindle motor and laser block.

BenQ on the other hand, is standing by their firmware upgrade and definitely saying it will work.


#9

Originally posted by Vanderlow
[B]Well if you are never going to see the firmware, what good is it? Since Lite-on’s firmware will not be official backed, at this point I regard it as heresy, unless Kprobes, actual tests in players, and someone definitely stands up and says they are going to release it and they’ll stand by that it works. The parts are slightly different too, spindle motor and laser block.

BenQ on the other hand, is standing by their firmware upgrade and definitely saying it will work. [/B]

Oh, I fully expect LiteOn to throw a wrench in 812@832 to try to stop it (surprised that they haven’t done so yet). Even when they realized that 851@812 could write everything except 8x -R, they still threw a wrench into later 812S firmwares to prevent _51S@812S for any media type, aside from just 8x -R. But I wouldn’t say with certainty that the BenQ will outdo the LiteOn in DL come Sept. 30. I might say it with probability, not not with certainty, as you do.


#10

I agree.