Liteon 811S firmware problems after flashing with HSOQ

Moderators please move this to Liteon forum (if you think it should be posted there)

I have a recently purchased Liteon 811S Burner which came with Firmware HSOE. I set up and ran successfully with Anydvd and CloneDVD2 and backed up a number of my DVD’s on both Princo and Verbatim 4X –R media.

The Verbatim disks have burnt OK and with some of the Princo disks I experienced poor quality at the very end of the disk.

I therefore decided to update the Firmware with the latest file from the Liteon site and believe that I have updated with HSOQ.

During the update process the following happened.

On screen meter showed updating progress through to 100% and as soon as it hit 100% the following Windows error message came up.

An exception OE has occurred at 0028:C003C153 in VXD IOS (01) + 000009EF. This was called from 0028C192FD9D in VXD CDVSD (01) + 00000CDD. It may be possible to continue normally.

I was able to continue normally and the updating screen for the Firmware said that it had updated and restart your computer which I did.

Since updating the Firmware I have burnt three CD’s successfully using Easy CD & DVD 6 Creator, however I have not been able to burn any DVD’s with latest versions of Anydvd and CloneDVD2 under the new Firmware (I believe that it is not recognising either of the 2 brands of –R DVD media that I successfully used under the old firmware settings.

I utilise 2 Drives when burning:

Liteon 811S for burning &
Pioneer DVD 105S as the reader

Drives are set up as:

Liteon 811S is (Secondary Master)
Pioneer 105S (Secondary Slave)

What I have done to try and rectify problem:

Uninstalled all CD and DVD software.
Reflashed Liteon 811S with HSOQ and then reloaded all of the previously mentioned software.

I still get the problem of not being able to Burn DVD’s with CloneDVD2 (it goes through decoding process successfully asks for a recordable DVD in Liteon drive then comes up with the previously mention Windows error.

To confuse matters further I have successfully burnt a Princo DVD –R disk with 3.8g of data from one of the hard drives using Easy CD software and the disk is readable in both the Liteon and Pioneer drives.

I download the Liteon Utility Smartdrive and get mixed results in trying to read the blank Verbatim or Princo disks, with some of the results below. It takes some considerable time for the burner to read the blank –R media and it might take 5 to 6 goes in loading and unloading disk before I get a proper read result (green light just seems to flash away).

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
Nominal Capacity = 4.38GB
Manufacturer Maybe =
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 96914.1X (Write)

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = NO MEDIA

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 4D 43 43 20 30 31 (MCC 01)
Disc TID = 52 47 32 30 20 20 (RG20 )
Manufacturer Maybe = Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 4.0X (Write)

It does however read various types of blank CD media and my previously burnt DVD’s very quickly. It also quickly reads the blank +R and +RW Ricoh disks that came packaged with the Liteon drive viz.

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD+RW (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 52 49 43 4F 48 4A 50 4E (RICOHJPN)
Disc TID = 57 31 31 (W11)
Manufacturer Maybe = Ricoh Company Limited
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 4.0X (Write)

I have searched the forum site and internet for a solution to my problem but have not been able to come up with an answer.

System specs

Pentium III 500mhz with 640mb RAM
Video Card Diamond Viper V770
Widows 98SE
Aopen 6BC Pro Motherboard

System is very stable and quick and I never get any error messages which is amazing as operating system has been untouched for 4yrs +

Sorry about length of message.

Any assistance with problem would be appreciated.