Liteon 811s and bw5

not sure what the compatability issue is here but using this drive with blindwrite 5 doesnt work i get required speed of 0 in the log and the computer just sits there. copytodvd works fine with this drive and its in dma mode. this drive works fine with clonecd and alc120. My asus 5224a on the same computer works fine with bw5 and i am using caufin 17 drivers.

Not to sure what is causing your problem, as I have an LDW-811S and have used BW5. You could try switching it to a different IDE cable and set it all by itself. The only other thing I can think of is that your BW5 is installed wrong, try reinstalling.

Originally posted by Alexstarfire
Not to sure what is causing your problem, as I have an LDW-811S and have used BW5. You could try switching it to a different IDE cable and set it all by itself. The only other thing I can think of is that your BW5 is installed wrong, try reinstalling.

yes but are you using the 17 caufin drivers and bw with this drive…what firmware do you have on it?

I know this may sound stupid (and maybe you have already tried this), but have you tried to change the cdr-media?

Originally posted by genjai
I know this may sound stupid (and maybe you have already tried this), but have you tried to change the cdr-media?

ive tried cdrw and cdr media…same media works in other drives with bw5(well did before 05)…this drive works fine with alc120, clonecd, copytodvd, etc.

From the looks of it, it sounds like there is either a driver missing or an incorrectly installed driver, probably patin-couffin. Since the drive works with everything but this new version then try reinstalling BW5, making sure that the patin-couffin driver gets installed correctly.

Pautin caufin driver is installed correctly as ive checked it version 17 and copytodvd (which uses this same driver) works fine with this drive.