Liteon 52x24x52x or Better DVDROM reader?

i currently have the liteon 48x and liteon dvd163 D rom !!

=========================

what do you guys suggest ?

get the 52x liteon and gain 4x more lol
or get a better dvdrom reader for all protections !!!
well you now what i mean about all excludeing tages and starforce and the like !!

======================================

all i want to be able to do is have a great combo here :stuck_out_tongue:
onbe dvdrom that can read all protections so i can rip to hdd and a burner that can burn back 1/1

========================

i herd the Asus dvdrom is a great protectionr reader

so what do you guys think ?
i want possative answers please becuse im gonna guy the one that get said in here :slight_smile:

52x sounds kewl though lol and it could be upgradable to even faster speeds hmmmmmmmmm

so what do ya think guys ? im getting all freaked out becuse bline writes BWA builder is crap with liteon drives imho one minute its ok the next update its not working then its ok then not working its getting to the point where i wanna change something lol :confused: :confused:

IMHO, you’re not going to gain enough by replacing either of the drives to make the cost worthwhile. But then if all of us never replaced a drive until we HAD to, there wouldn’t be much to talk about here. :bigsmile:
If you need DVD, go that way, if you need copy ability, the 52x drive does that too.
Here’s a thought: get BOTH!

hehe

both lol

i would get both probelm is im getting this ordered within the next 3/4 days

Asus V8460 GeForce4 Ti4600 128MBDDR

and its killing the buget :stuck_out_tongue:

what about since i have a 48x already can you reccomend a awsome dvdrom reader !!

it dont have to be liteon ! just one that will make my liteon burn on the fly meby a 52x dvdrom ??? or higher

and it has to read all protections and work with bwa builder and be fast on take off lol :stuck_out_tongue:

got eny clues ?

I get 48x “on-the-fly” from my LTD-163D already, but I leave it on the shelf and run 2 burners.

Just keep what you have, until it breaks. Then worry about upgrading.

And no, 48x to 52x will only give you a headache.
There is no 52x certified meida out there, AFAIK, and trying to write at 52x on many types of media will give you a ton of coasters.

Only real reason to have the fastest drive, is to write RW’s at 24x.

Originally posted by Falkentyne
There is no 52x certified meida out there, AFAIK, and trying to write at 52x on many types of media will give you a ton of coasters.

I just burnt 698mb data to a 48x rated lite-on bundle @ 52x
altho your right 52x certified is not out there. Imation 48x cd’s burn at 52x also

but to speed up burnin speeds by 4x (or 10-15sec) is probably a waste of time.