LiteOn 52327S problem

Didn’t think I was a newbie… but this problem convinces me I am.

Just installed this drive and its doing the same thing the one I replaced it with. Using Nero CD-Speed I get 20x-21x. I have it set as the Master on the secondary IDE, my Hard drive is primary.

The info tool says the DMA is off… would putting that ON make any difference? and HOW do I change that setting? sigh… THere’s something I need to fix because its not the drive… and its driving me nuts. Used blanks from several brands… same result.

system info… Pent III 933mhz WD 80 gig… Windows 2000 pro…
512 Meg ram.

I’m missing some simple thing… I hope.

thanks…

k

Yes dma makes a big difference. You will want ot use dma mode 2. You can go in device manager and then IDE atapi devices and go into primary and secondary channels to make sure they are in dma mode 2. Also in bios you can set it there too . Or just use optimial settings in bios and it will choose the best . Also updating firmware would be a good thing to do. Also while in device manager always make sure you have updated IDE drivers . They could be via, intel, sis, and nvidia.

Gio

enabling DMA would make all the difference. go to device manager > ide ata/atapi controllers, and view the properties of the channel that ur drive is installed on. on the advanced settings tab, change the transfer mode to “dma if available” for the drive and then reboot.

:bigsmile:

I agree with AZImmortal

Gio

Originally posted by AZImmortal
enabling DMA would make all the difference. go to device manager > ide ata/atapi controllers, and view the properties of the channel that ur drive is installed on. on the advanced settings tab, change the transfer mode to “dma if available” for the drive and then reboot.

Ok… did that and what do you know… nero drive speed says 52x at the finish…

One more odd thing. Now, using nero info tool the 52327s info says 52x read speed… but 16x write speed?? Where did THAT come from?

I have the latest firmware btw. Also I have an old intel 815 MB.

thanks for the help…

k

u need to have a blank cd in the drive when u run infotool, and it will report all speeds with which the drive can write to that particular cd.