Liteon 52327S 4x minimum? NEED 1x!

Does anyone know how to enable 1x writing for this model.

This is the best burner I have ever used for backing up protected PC games w/ a few patching execptions.

However, I have recently started backing up old PSX games…
I prepared for backing them up with the write burning rom and media. We all know that the PSX cd-rom can’t read worth a damn so I got the Verbatim Vinyl w/ the Metal Azo Blue.

I know that audio w/ PSX will never be 1:1 but burning at 4x is making the Audio VERY choppy and load times horrible. I have tryed my friend’s backups to make sure it wasn’t PSX laser and they played fine.

I really want to burn as slow as possible (seems strange I know) but when dealing w/ PSX it is a needed. Anyone know of firmware update or utlility to enable 1x writing. I would be VERY HAPPY person.

Burning Roms used:
Alcy 120%
Clonecd 4
cdrwin - trial -1x trial still burns at 4x minimum
d-dumb w/ fireburner

System:
Windows 98
Pentium III 733 133 FSB
L2 256k
Apollo chipset (trancender motherboard)
640 PC133 SDRAM
Liteon 52327S

Your burner does not support 1x, nor is there any reason for it to do so. Your problems are more likely due to media than burn speed. The Metal-Azo discs are not very good in some burners.
Likewise, lower burn speed often results in higher read error rates when using current media.

Try TY 48x media burned at 32x, and Ritek 48x burned at 24x to 32x. Your 52327S drive is designed for high-speed burning, and will give excellent results at those speeds on most media, but not on Metal-Azo.

Well, how about the cd-r blacks then?
I need good media that will read in the PSX
The Super Azo that is a lighter blue will not read in the PSX.

I guess this burner ism’t for PSX…

As I said, the problem isn’t the burner or the burn speed, it’s the finicky reader. I already suggest the best media to try. Those are the best of the 2 main dye types.

Originally posted by Jojoman
I guess this burner ism’t for PSX…

You obviously didn’t read rdgrimes posts.

The burner is not the issue, and I’ve personally backed up heaps of psx games at over 24x, rather than 1x.

Choose some new media.

Phalocyanine disks (the clear type) generally have a higher reflectivity than the dark dyes (cyanine) and generally work better in the psx.

Phalocyanine discs can usually be found in spindles of 50 and are usually alot cheaper than the cyanine discs.

Cyanine discs seem to be only made by reputable companies.
Phalocyanine discs are made by any backyard company with a CDR fab.

Originally posted by debro
Phalocyanine disks (the clear type) generally have a higher reflectivity than the dark dyes (cyanine) and generally work better in the psx.

Cyanine discs seem to be only made by reputable companies.
Phalocyanine discs are made by any backyard company with a CDR fab.

1. Phthalocyanine discs these days have a silver reflective layer combined with a very light green dye. Yes they’re pretty much silver on both sides.

2. Cyanine discs are also made by lesser known manufacturers. Phthalocyanine is used more these days because of better compatibility with high speed CD-RW drives. Many people, however, have found that TY cyanine and MCC AZO dyes work better with PlayStations.