Liteon 52246S capable of retrieving C2? [c't Test]

vbimport

Hi,

in its recent issue, german computer magazine “c’t” has tested some of the latest 52x writers, and the liteon was judged quite negatively concerning its writing quality, which wasn’t really a surprise since they used only one media (in this case, Verbatim 48x) at highest speed. So I think to get a real-world result, they should have tested more media at several write speeds, but that’s not the topic here.

What really made me wonder is that for Audio Grabbing, c’t states that this drive uses Accurate Stream and Caching, but is not capable of retrieving C2 errors. Is that correct or is it an error? Since I am quite sure that my 48125W (originally a 32125W) supports C2, this would be a step back.

So, can anyone tell if the new Liteon is capable of returning C2 errors? And, has anybody else read this test?

Regards,

Jackie

I’m sure the LTR-52246S is able to retrieve C2-errors! EAC tells me so, Nero Infotool tells me so…
I think it’s a mistake.

Sounds like the reviewer doesn’t know what he’s doing.
suggest you have a look at the local media test threads.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Sounds like the reviewer doesn’t know what he’s doing.
I totally agree.

Originally posted by Jackie78
So, can anyone tell if the new Liteon is capable of returning C2 errors?
Of course it can :wink:

Sue 'em for misinformation.

No C2 error detection!

If it is anything like the 32123S and 48125W it should have 99.9% C2 accuracy! (CDSpeed tests).

I don’t know what they’ve tested, but they also claimed that the Plextor 48x doesn’t read Grönemeyer Mensch (Cactus 200)…

i own a lite-on 48x24x48x and my model can retrieve c2 errors , so it should be very strange if future models cant and im quite sure its an error

greetz

qazzie