Liteon 5045

vbimport

I have just set up my new 5045, and made my first recording onto the HDD. I used the OTR and set that for 3 hours to record a film. The recording has unwanted material both before and after the film. I now want to copy the film onto a DVD, but the recording is too long to fit the DVD. Anybody tell me how to edit the recording to erase some of the beginning and some of the end so that I am left with the film I want so that it will fit onto a DVD?
I think this might be done by creating chapters before and after the actual film and then erasing those chapters, but I cannot fathom out how to do this!

I had this problem. You might still be out of luck. If you recorded it on HQ you have got NO CHANCE. if its on SP you need to crop it less than 2 hours and if you did it on LP 3 hours- no problem. Cropping is easy, I will go onto that in a minute. what I have found is that when you wish to copy from HDD to DVD, you cant downgrade the quality so its best to consider the length of the film before you choose a record quality.

Editing
go into browser and pick the film / file
click the edit button on the remote
press play and then fast forward to the start of the film
press pause
then hit “Split”
you effectively split the file into 2 files - 1 before the pause and 1 after

browse to the first file and click edit
navigate to erase and click ok

choose the second file
click edit
hit play and fast forward (or use skip) to the end of the film and split it again.
Obviously delete the second bit. (its a good idea to look at the clip length. if one says 1h55m12s and the other says 0h4m54s you know which one is the film)

I recorded fight club on SP for 3 hours. I deleted the start and end and also removed adverts by splitting the living daylights out of it, removing the adverts and joining them all back together. It was still 2 hours 8 minutes and I couldnt put it on a DVD (because it was recorded in SP (2 hours perDVD))

I eventually cut an extra 4 minutes out of the film and managed to get 2h04m onto a DVD

I hope This makes sense, Its Friday night and I am rather drunk. :wink:

I have just set up my new 5045, and made my first recording onto the HDD. I used the OTR and set that for 3 hours to record a film. The recording has unwanted material both before and after the film. I now want to copy the film onto a DVD, but the recording is too long to fit the DVD. Anybody tell me how to edit the recording to erase some of the beginning and some of the end so that I am left with the film I want so that it will fit onto a DVD?
I think this might be done by creating chapters before and after the actual film and then erasing those chapters, but I cannot fathom out how to do this![ul]
[/ul] [ul]
[/ul]