Liteon 5045

vbimport

I hav just ordered a Liteon 5045. It will arrive tomorrow CANT WAIT !!!

I have a few questions…

1. Can I upgrade the hard drive? ( I know 160Gb is plenty but these are the kind of things we need to know - Im sure you all understand)

2. Whats the multiregion hack (I only have region 2 disks but its the thought that counts)

3. can it be connected to a PC? I see theres a DV link thingy… does it act like usb or something ?

Thanks in advance, Im sure the multiregion hack will be the same as the other units 5005 etc.

so hows the new recorder going then!!

Just bought one of these myself, and although I cannot answer any of the original posters questions, I do have some general comments on the unit.

for £350, it’s a great bit of kit, with ample space on the HDD (160GB), and the capability of writing stuff out from HDD to DVDR(w) (+or-)

Pro’s: loads of space, menus are a breeze to use, with some very handy wizards for doing common tasks.

Cons: Remote control is very cheap quality, and a real let down, for the sake of a few ££ more manufacturing costs. Does not play or record MPEG4 (XVid/DivX)

Anyone know if I can connect the Firewire port on the front, and get files from the HDD down to my PC? That would be neat…

Hello

1. Whats the multiregion hack (I only have region 2 disks but its the thought that counts)

power on ->SETUP ->hightlight EXIT -> press 2 9 6 0 ->new menu,make choice

1. can it be connected to a PC? I see theres a DV link thingy… does it act like usb or something ?

from liteon site
11. Can I connect it with PC or Notebook via IEEE 1394?

Sorry, it is designed for DV-LINK only not for other application

TiBill

Thanks for your Help

Dedicated users forum for the LVW-5045 Here: http://cgi.mgillespie.plus.com/liteon/smf