LiteOn 5007 (Sears) Firmware Updates?

vbimport

I know, I know… you get what you pay for, especially when buying OEM. I never thought “a unit made exclusively for Sears” would be OEM. Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions and it’s not. However…

Is there any known Firmware maintenance path for this unit?

Thanks!

Try this link
http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/Download/CE_firmware/LNKA1039.ES1

rtiger54,

Thanks!

I had finally called the 888 number on the top of my 5007 and talked to a very sympathetic human who pointed me to this web site (I hadn’t stumbled onto it yet).

It fixed my problem!

I had tried everything, even as far as copying the Hi-8 recording to VHS and it still locked up my system.

Thanks again.

Help! You guys & gals have probably witnessed it.

On LVW5007, the analog audio output path (red and white L & R RCA-jack) , when put into my TV monitor Aux audio input, is severely attenuated from the normal TV volume (same level-set) when TV tuner is selected.

I called 1-888-…, asked about if this was due to need of firmware Upgrade, Nah, they never heard of the problem. The Nov 2004 upgrade only fixed the Calender issue.
So they told me to get another unit form Sears.
All of the Sears models I could see are Ser # 6024390xxxxx, so all i did was end up exchanging one unit for another, with the last 5 digits being the only Diff.

Did getting another unit fix the Analog Audio problem, Nope!

So i am not going nuts, I hooked up a VCR , and normal audio volume came thru TV using Red and White paths.
Then I hooked up a Samsung DVD/VCR , and normal audio volume came thru TV using Red and White paths.

So I cannot get LiteOn to admit to a bug. Any ideas?

Dennis