Liteon 5006 Problems with switching to tv channel

Good evening. I am new to any forum, so please accept my applogies if I have not posted this entry properly.

I am having problems switching from my DVD TV tuner channel to the TV channel, so that I can watch one channel whilst recorded another. Liteon have advised that this is a known problem and only occurs when older TV’s are connected to my Liteon LVW5006. I have a Sharp Portable TV that is over 5 years old with one Scart. Does anybody have any ideas how I might resolve this issue without buying a new TV set. A friend of mine has suggested removing the connection to pin 8 in the Scart lead, which I have done but whilst I can now switch to the TV, the picture is distorted.

Regards
Matt

Forgot to add that this is a U.K purchased unit and is connected to an analogue signal.

Welcome aboard to the forum :slight_smile:

I have experienced this myself with at least two TV’s; both over many years old. Apparently, the issue seems to be caused when an RGB signal is output over Scart. For example with my TV (PowerPoint brand), I can only switch to another channel when I have the Lite-On Scart set to ‘Component’, which outputs a composite picture over Scart.

If you don’t mind using a composite picture (which may not be as sharp with some TV’s), press ‘Setup’, select ‘System’ and change ‘Video Output’ to ‘Component’. When ‘Component’ is selected, the Scart will output composite video. Alternatively, if you don’t have anything connected to the Aux Scart input of your DVD, use this to connect to your TV, since the Aux Scart only outputs a composite picture and it does not use Pin-8. :wink:

Sean,

Thank you for the advice, I shall try this and let you know how I get on.

Regards
Matthew

Sean,

I have just tried the solution you suggested, utilising the Aux Scart input to connect to the TV. The picture does not seem quite as sharp, with some subtle changes to colour hues. Nevertheless, it is acceptable. Thank you so very much for your assistance.

Kind Regards
Matthew