Liteon 5005 firmware I NEED HELP Please

vbimport

I have a liteon dvd recorder LVW-5005 It has the following #0102-1840-0101-B203 (100-010D)… Here’s my problem. I have recorded on this system for a year or two. Now when i insert a dvd+r or any other dvd type. It takes forever to load then says Invalid disc or data disc. I’ve researched this. It says to download the file from liteon. Then to unzip with winrar… Then use Nero to burn this to cd as an ISO image. I am way over my head here. I’ve tried 2 or 3 burning programs, unzip programs, 3 or 4 firmware files, NOthing works. I can’t do this. I need someone willing to walk me thru this step by step. Also, do i burn this to dvd or to cd? I am computer savy as far as most things go. I never work with zip files, iso files, etc. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

First of all a big huge disclaimer that this may not work. Please consult the manual first!!!

1. Grab the firmware data. This is usally a file called .ISO. Do not unzip, unrar of whatever.
  2. Insert a CDRW or DVD in your pc writer and fire up the program you can burn .ISOs with. (Record image from file)
  3. Don’t forget to close the session, do not use multisession, use verify
  4. power up your lite on recorder
  5. insert the disc you just have written in the lite on recorder
  6. power off, then power on your recorder. The recorder should now read the firmware from your disc and start some flashing tool thingy. If not, consult the manual.

When you are doing a firmware update on a Lite-On DVD recorder you have to burn it to a CD-R not a DVD or CD-RW. It will work best with a blank CD-R. I have read where a couple of people used a CD-RW and it worked but most of the time it didn’t. If you go to the Lite-On site there is a program you can download for free to unzip the file. All the directions are on their site. Your firmware is 101 now but you might want to move it back to 098 to remove the MV and get 3 hr. recording. If that was your post on the Lite-On forum I put a answer there for you and said your problem sounds more like a drive problem not a firmware problem.

OK, thanks. I got the firmware downloaded and it worked this time. Now How do i do the 3hr lp recording? Which file do I need to download for the liteon firmware? I already have the hacker file to do the 3 hr lp. But will I be able to roll back the firmware to 98? Any help would be appreciate. THANKS for all those who have helped.

I’m unable to unzip liteonit.com firmware lvw-1105.zip with unzip or 7-zip, and I cannot find the iso file. I have a presidian pdr-3222 dvd recorder that is acting up and won’t accept all types of dvd blanks to record. Can anybody tell me how to unzip the rsmeu018.zip lvw-1105.zip file or find the .iso repair firmware update to make it work. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;1731432]First of all a big huge disclaimer that this may not work. Please consult the manual first!!!

1. Grab the firmware data. This is usally a file called .ISO. Do not unzip, unrar of whatever.
  2. Insert a CDRW or DVD in your pc writer and fire up the program you can burn .ISOs with. (Record image from file)
  3. Don’t forget to close the session, do not use multisession, use verify
  4. power up your lite on recorder
  5. insert the disc you just have written in the lite on recorder
  6. power off, then power on your recorder. The recorder should now read the firmware from your disc and start some flashing tool thingy. If not, consult the manual.[/QUOTE]

Hi jonnys90 and welcome to MyCE :flower:

What error message are you getting with those decompression programs? It’s possible that the zipped file is corrupt and you may need to download it again.

when trying to extract the user manual for a liteonit downloaded document file I receive the error message the destination file could not be created compressed (zipped)folders error 0x80004005, and when i try to unzip the downloaded firmware file lvw-1105 rsmeu018.zip that the zipped file is invalid in 7-zip program 0 error can not open the .zip file as archive. can anyone help me figure how to unzip the files so that i can install the firmware on my presidian pdr-3222 dvd recorder that is now acting up by not accepting some blank dvd+r recordable media. It would be :)verry appreciated too.

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2646265]Hi jonnys90 and welcome to MyCE :flower:

What error message are you getting with those decompression programs? It’s possible that the zipped file is corrupt and you may need to download it again.[/QUOTE]

Re-download!

You were right the zip file was corrupted, but with anouther zip tool I was able to repair it, but now i have anouther problem that i hope you can help me with it. I used the program imgburn to make an iso image file and an mds file for the firmware file that was unzipped to an .da6 file, and then used nero to write it to a cd -iso image cd and i tried that iso file and all sorts of combinations of my iso and/or mds files to write to the cd-iso image with nero and none of them we:)re recognized as firmware by my presidian pdr-3222 dvd recorder. It just said data disc and did not start the process of starting up the firmware update. can you or any body tell me what i am doing wrong and tell me the right way to make it work and help me make it work. Really appreciated.

[QUOTE=jonnys90;2646369]when trying to extract the user manual for a liteonit downloaded document file I receive the error message the destination file could not be created compressed (zipped)folders error 0x80004005, and when i try to unzip the downloaded firmware file lvw-1105 rsmeu018.zip that the zipped file is invalid in 7-zip program 0 error can not open the .zip file as archive. can anyone help me figure how to unzip the files so that i can install the firmware on my presidian pdr-3222 dvd recorder that is now acting up by not accepting some blank dvd+r recordable media. It would be :)verry appreciated too.[/QUOTE]

what i did this time was to burn the da6 file that was unzipped directly to an iso cd with nero, and it recognized it as firmware this time my presidian pdr-3222 dvd recorder, but now i get the error system update failed contact customer support. Can anyone tell me why this is happening. The original firmware i believe that was installed on the machine was version 015 and i am trying to upgrade it to version 018. Does anyone know why the update is failing and how to make it work in updating it to version 018. Really appreciated. Also the problem is that the machine doesn’t accept any kind of dvd to initialize for writing to. Is this a drive software problem or a system software problem and how do i find the right firmware that will correct this whether drive or system and how do i install it. Again appreciated.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jonnys90;2647013]You were right the zip file was corrupted, but with anouther zip tool I was able to repair it, but now i have anouther problem that i hope you can help me with it. I used the program imgburn to make an iso image file and an mds file for the firmware file that was unzipped to an .da6 file, and then used nero to write it to a cd -iso image cd and i tried that iso file and all sorts of combinations of my iso and/or mds files to write to the cd-iso image with nero and none of them we:)re recognized as firmware by my presidian pdr-3222 dvd recorder. It just said data disc and did not start the process of starting up the firmware update. can you or any body tell me what i am doing wrong and tell me the right way to make it work and help me make it work. Really appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I’m a bit worried about the bit where you said you repaired the downloaded file. Can you just not re-download it and make sure it is not corrupted before doing anything else?

Otherwise you can’t guarantee that you have an authentic firmware to update the recorder with.

I don’t know how to check if the firmware is corrupted. Can you tell me also. I used a program called IZArc to unzip it, but it first said that the header was corrupted and the CRC code was corrupted, and wouldn’t let me unzip it, so I used the same program to convert it from that zip file to anouther zip file while redoing the crc code(in an option that said it would reset the crc code there) and that worked in letting me unzip the converted zip file to a .da6 file and when i wrote it to a ISO cd with nero after that and inserted it into my presidian pdr-3222 dvd recorder it started a system update and then stopped the update with a failed update message. I don’t know where else to recieve the firmware file than on the liteonit chinese site, and there they only have one version of my firmware version lvw-1105 rsmeu018.zip I believe. Will the other lvw-1105 versions there also work with my machine even though they don’t have the same starting firmware name rsmeu that it says on my machine, and possibly start with different names like ln… etc. instead of my rsmeu018.zip name. So, if you can help me with all of this it would be greatly appreciated and would probably help others too with the same problem. So if the firmware on the liteon site is corrupted also if you can tell me where else:) to recieve updated firmware for my machine, and if I can use the other lvw-1105 firmware on the site can you tell me which of them i can use and how do i install it again. Again appreciated.

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2647075]I’m a bit worried about the bit where you said you repaired the downloaded file. Can you just not re-download it and make sure it is not corrupted before doing anything else?

Otherwise you can’t guarantee that you have an authentic firmware to update the recorder with.[/QUOTE]

Did you [B][U][I]re-download[/I][/U][/B] the file from the LiteON site, as asked many times already?

I did both. I tried to make it work with both my already downloaded file, and I also tried redownloading it, because I did not know what else to do. It’s very frustrating when the company I bought the dvd recorder from puts garbage on-line and calls it authentic firmware to download. Please tell me what I should do. When it worked correctly it is a very nice dvd recorder, and so I’d prefer not to throw it out if I can make it work again. I know you told me not to re-download it, but the already downloaded file did not work. Apreciated again.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2647305]Did you [B][U][I]re-download[/I][/U][/B] the file from the LiteON site, as asked many times already?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that someone blogged that the iso file on the cd firmware for the presidian pdr-3222 should have the 3 letter extension of .iso. I have nero 9 and have been unable to make an iso cd with the file on it with the three letter extension of .iso. Can anyone tell me how to do this from a .da6 or .iso file as input in nero 9. After writing out the disc as what I thought would have the 3 letter extension of .iso it still has the extension of .da6. I’m not sure if this will solve the problem though because it seems to only recognize the .da6 extension on the cd as system firmware. Can anyone tell me if the .iso extension on the cd will be accepted as new firmware and if so, how do I make nero 9 make the iso cd have a file with a .iso extension as like a filename rsmeu018.iso on the cd if this will make it work. I have been having a lot of trouble with nero 9 in making the iso cd have a file with the extension .iso, even though I have followed the many instructions of others doing it, but I haven’t been able to do it yet even when I followed their instructions. I need better instructions. Thank you too though imkidd57, for tying to help me so far. If you can help me solve these problems that would be great. Really Appreciated.

[QUOTE=jonnys90;2647458]I did both. I tried to make it work with both my already downloaded file, and I also tried redownloading it, because I did not know what else to do. It’s very frustrating when the company I bought the dvd recorder from puts garbage on-line and calls it authentic firmware to download. Please tell me what I should do. When it worked correctly it is a very nice dvd recorder, and so I’d prefer not to throw it out if I can make it wor:)k again. I know you told me not to re-download it, but the already downloaded file did not work. Apreciated again.:)[/QUOTE]

Dude, you have already Imgburn!

Start it up, select “write image file to disc”, choose the .ISO, then insert a disc and burn it to that disc.

Presto!

I just realized what the real problem is. I have a second presidian pdr-3222 dvd recorder, and I exchanged machines. Then I tried recording on it too with the same tdk 1-16x dvd+r discs and it spit it out the same way without allowing me to record on it. I don’t know what happened to the newer 1-16x discs that don’t work now, but i wish they would make it work still with my older machine. If anyone knows of firmware that would make the 1-16x discs work or where i can find discs that would work out there like 8x, and if anyone knows why the 1-16x discs don’t work, because i woulde think that the 1-16x would cover the range of lower speeds too if it needs 8x, because it did say between 1 and 16x it is designed for and 8x falls within that range, and if anyone knows of dvds that would work with my machine and where i can find them. Also, i am glad i did not reinstall the firmware if the discs and not the machine are the real problem. Thanks too for everyones help though. It’s great of you.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=chef;2647811]Dude, you have already Imgburn!

Start it up, select “write image file to disc”, choose the .ISO, then insert a disc and burn it to that disc.

Presto![/QUOTE]

OK glad we are getting somewhere and that it might be the discs that are incompatible. What make are they?

Otherwise, do you have some DVD +[I][B]RW[/B][/I] discs (the rewriteable ones)? They are usually at maximum 1-4x and perhaps more compatible with your recorder.

[QUOTE=jonnys90;2647946]I just realized what the real problem is. I have a second presidian pdr-3222 dvd recorder, and I exchanged machines.[/QUOTE]

That seems to be another Liteon clone, see here:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders/presidian-pdr-3222/1423

the dvds that don’t work are tdk dvd+r 1-16x and sony dvd+r 1-16x. I don’t know why they don’t create a market for people like me by providing dvd+r recordables discs for people like me that need older version dvd+r’s, because i’m sure there are a lot of people like me that have older models that use the older version dvd’s. If anyone knows the type of dvd’s that would work with the presidian machine and where I can purchase them from, it would be a great:).

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2647962]OK glad we are getting somewhere and that it might be the discs that are incompatible. What make are they?

Otherwise, do you have some DVD +[I][B]RW[/B][/I] discs (the rewriteable ones)? They are usually at maximum 1-4x and perhaps more compatible with your recorder.[/QUOTE]