Liteon 5002 & set-top box - HELP

Hi folks, can anyone help me - I have just bought the Liteon DVD recorder and I wish to route it through my set-top freeview box BUT :a there are no instructions how to do this :sad: and I have tried to have a go myself but can’t get it to work - any ideas???

I assume you are in UK because of reference to Freeview.
(Basically, you do it the same as if connecting a VCR to freewiew and a TV)

I am not familiar with the 5002, but assuming similar to 5001 do it as follows:

For the RF (ariel lead)connections, you connect ariel first to set-top box, and then connect from set-top to the DVD ariel input, and then from the DVD ariel output to the TV. You will need a separate flylead. You would need to use tune the DVD to pick up the set-top box (assuming the set-top box has an RF modulator built in (not all do - some just pass the normal analogue channel signals through).

However, it is better to use the scart connections as yoiu get better quality recordings.

Virtually all set-top boxes have at least one SCART socket. Connect set top box SCART out (probably connected to TV) to SCART input on DVD (sometimes labelled AV1). The connect SCART out (sometimes labelled AV2) socket to TV. You will need two scart leads.

To see the freeview contents on the TV, set the DVD recorder to scart input mode, and similarly set the TV to appropriate scart socket (if more than one scart socket on TV).

You will be able to record freeview and watch freeview whilst recording the same digital channel. You can’t watch freeview whilst recording an analogue station unless you have more than one scart socket freeview box and on TV (connect spare socket direct to TV in this case).

(even if you don’t have two scart sockets on freeview box, you may still be able to see freeview whilst recording analogue channel on DVD by tuning TV tuner to freeview if it has RF out.)

You will not be able to watch one freeview channel whilst recording another as this needs two freeview tuners.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Oilman

will give this a go and must remember to mark all the leads so I know which is which!!!

TYJ

I have SKY+ I have set up

Sky Box 2scarts, Television 2scarts, Liteone 2 scarts.
Not sure on freeview box if it has scart sockets.

My set up,

rf to sky in ,sky out to rf in on liteone rf out on liteon to television
only reason rf to Sky box first have another television which is fed from sky box 2nd tv rf out
also have scarts Scart out on sky Box to Liteon In Liteon Out to AV1 scart
on TV
Pretty much same as Oilman suggests
But its a matter of preference of which works for you

Hi Folks
I have a Liteon DVD recorder and I’ve hooked it up to my set box.

My set up box account offers around 100 channels but the TV has to be kept in channel 04

The TV is set to channel 04 to watch the set up box programs . Is there a way to have the recording done in the background and keep watching another channel.

[QUOTE=raaja1;1931638]Hi Folks
I have a Liteon DVD recorder and I’ve hooked it up to my set box.

My set up box account offers around 100 channels but the TV has to be kept in channel 04

The TV is set to channel 04 to watch the set up box programs . Is there a way to have the recording done in the background and keep watching another channel.[/QUOTE]

No, because you have only 1 “receiver” aka stream.