Recently purchased a new 48x12x40x LiteOn burner and im having a problem right from the get-go. It just wont read any cds at all. Yes it detects in bios and windows. But Nero just keeps wanting me to insert blank media and explorer just sees nothing on any cd inserted. I have searched for the last couple of hours on google and LiteOn site for solutions but no success. Normally i can find a solution to these types of problems but with this one im just drawing a blank . Im using Win XP by the way. Specs in sig. It works in Win98 though.......the drive does not appear in Windows XP HCL list though.....only the S versions do appear to be supported in XP.
Any ideas? Many thanks to anyone who has any suggestions
Ive tried the following:
(1) Swapped my rounded cables for normal ide ones
(2) Swapped primary and master ides
(3) Tried ALL combinations of Master/Primary/Cable Select
(4) Tried the Upper and Lower fix
(5) Tried disabling Windows XP Roxio built in burning support
(6) Checked DMA for the drive (and also checked in bios)
(7) Tried fresh install of XP
(8) Tried various versions of Nero but basically windows wont see any cds anyways.....
(9) I havent tried any firmware updates but i dont beleive i should have to for it to work in XP