Liteon 48x CD-RW, anyone have this problem

vbimport

Hi All
I have Liteon 48x24x48 CD-RW (Model No. 48246S, Firmware : SS0B) I am using Nero 5.5.10.15,
When I burn the MP3 / data CD-R, it already fail on data verify step with Nero.
But can not find any error with software (CDCheck) check the CRC on CD-R.
Also the file is playable on my other CD-ROM.
Any one have this problem.
This problem is come with CD-RW driver or software or disk.

I have change the IDE cable, but still have same problem
My computer is Intel CELERON 1.2G with Intel Chip MB and PC-100 RAM, running under Win XP Pro

try re-installing IDE drivers. they get easily corrupted in XP.

Hei,

I have also a problem with NERO after I went from KT266A (Shutle AK 31 V3.1) to nForce 2 (Epox 8RDA+).

All of the sectors on burned CD are being raported as damaged by NERO CD SPEED.
So I tried original CD which came with motherboard and got exactly the same result all sectors DAMAGED.

Ther is asomething strange going on with NERO.

Staljin

Originally posted by staljin
[B]Hei,

I have also a problem with NERO after I went from KT266A (Shutle AK 31 V3.1) to nForce 2 (Epox 8RDA+).

All of the sectors on burned CD are being raported as damaged by NERO CD SPEED.
So I tried original CD which came with motherboard and got exactly the same result all sectors DAMAGED.

Ther is asomething strange going on with NERO.

Staljin [/B]

It is not nero. it is the IDE drivers of nForce. I have seen a few people on the forum who have an nForce chipse mobo & most of them have the same problem.

Try the same CD which is reported damaged on a friends computer & see if it still shows yellow sectors.

Hei,

I guessed so, but there is nothing I can change about mobo, isn`t it? Therfore should Ahead address this issue. I do not understand. nForce 2 has been out for a while now, and no one at Ahead addressed this problem!?

I did try CloneCD with sam result.

Staljin

Originally posted by staljin
[B]Hei,

I guessed so, but there is nothing I can change about mobo, isn`t it? Therfore should Ahead address this issue. I do not understand. nForce 2 has been out for a while now, and no one at Ahead addressed this problem!?

I did try CloneCD with sam result.

Staljin [/B]

i can’t remember where but, i read somewhere on the forum that the issue is addressed by nVidia (upto a certain extent maybe). do you have the latest drivers of NForce 2 installed?

Also, re: ccd. i suggest you try scandisk (via nero cdspeed) on the CD which is shown completely damaged on your pc on someone else’s machine & see if it still shows damaged sectors.

Hei,

Reason I said that Ahead should fix this bug is that the same problem occures on my system when using Microsoft Standard IDE driver, so I think that this is definitly not an driver issue, rather Nero or even hardware issue who knowes:a

Same thing happens when I use my Toshiba CD-ROM drive for reading, all damaged sectors being reported.

CDcheck reports no invalid files on the CD burned with Nero or CloneCD, but when I try installing application (OS) I get a message that few files are unreadable!?

I really do not know. I will try tommorow with some other IMAGE files and see what happens.

Staljin

Well, you have said that even pressed CD-ROM (not burnt) are having damaged sectors.

if even pressed CDs are shown as damaged then its sure a driver issue or IDE cable at the most. I don’t think there is any hardware problem.

Also, did you manage to try to scandisk the disc showing damaged sectors on another person’s computer?

Dang –

now, what is it? Driver, IDE, Nero, nforce, or what?

Last week, I upgraded to Abit NF-7/nForce 2, flashed/installed the latest BIOS/chipset drivers, and all. That’s when burning CDs (Liteon 12101B/Nero 5.something bundle) became a disaster.

Sometimes it burns, like 1 out of 10, mostly not–not even simulated. These “nots” are accompanied by a complete system freeze.

I’m pretty much fed up. Couldn’t find the issue addressed at the nVidia site nor anywhere else.

Someone’s gotten smarter here, in the meantime?

yo!s,
^.^ <-- gyokusai

The 100% yellow scans on an NForce 2 motherboard - they were acknowledged by Erik Dieppe to be a bug in the old version of CDSpeed. Get the new version:
www.cdspeed2000.com