Liteon 48x burns a cd of 675mb in JUST 7min20!?

This is the link of the image made from Nero;

I’ve got the latest version of Nero and this is my config;

Primary Master LS-120
Primary Slave HD Seagate Barracuda 80GB
Secondary Master Liteon DVD 16x
Secondary Slave Liteon CD Writer 48x

I’m using Taiyo Yuden cds of 40x. My dvd and writer are both in UDMA 33.And I’m using WinXP Pro.

So what could be the problem?:confused:

See http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42344#wr_dma_1

You cant burn cds on the fly if the source is on the same IDE cable. So if you copy directly from the dvd to the cdrw drive it will take longer. Did you notice the Used readbuffer?? (cant read it and I got dutch language in nero) went down to zero a couple of times? Correct me if im wrong :slight_smile:

Originally posted by SilverMaster
You cant burn cds on the fly if the source is on the same IDE cable. So if you copy directly from the dvd to the cdrw drive it will take longer. Did you notice the Used readbuffer?? (cant read it and I got dutch language in nero) went down to zero a couple of times? Correct me if im wrong :slight_smile:

You’re wrong… ehehehe

You can copy on the fly with both devices on the same cable. What i think might be the problem is some disabled DMA… and that LS120 along with the HD… OUCH! And set as master only makes it even more painful :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Jaco2k2
[B]

You’re wrong… ehehehe

You can copy on the fly with both devices on the same cable. What i think might be the problem is some disabled DMA… and that LS120 along with the HD… OUCH! And set as master only makes it even more painful :slight_smile: [/B]

I thought I saw him saying that his UDMA was enabled?

Originally posted by skawn

My dvd and writer are both in UDMA 33.And I’m using WinXP Pro.

You can copy on the fly with both devices on the same cable
Depends on the drives themselves. Some dislike each other:
Toshiba 1502 + Plextor 24x: 16x otf possible
Cyberdrive 058D + LiteOn 48x: 40x otf possible
Toshiba 1502 + Cyberdrive 058D: Neither drives works at all

You can copy on the fly with both devices on the same cable

Any liteOn drives work here at 48x on the same channel.:bigsmile:
I can’t see the image linked, but the most likely cause of the slow time is that the source CD cannot be read fast enough. dirty, scratched or just poor quality will slow the DVD drives quite a bit.

The dvd and the burner are both DMA. My cds can copy at max 40x even without Smartburn activated. I tried other cd brands but I obtained the same result.

This is getting me angry… :a

You’re upset because you can only copy on-the-fly at 40x?
What are you copying? If it’s audio or a RW disc, this would be a pretty good speed. You can try re-configuring to get that extra 8x speed, update your IDE drivers, the MS drivers are not known for speed.
Take the disc you’re trying to copy, and with it in the source drive, run CDSpeed transfer rate test to see how fast it’ll read.
Again, unless you share with us what your buffers are doing during the burn, it’s not easy to say why it’s “slow”.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
You’re upset because you can only copy on-the-fly at 40x?
What are you copying? If it’s audio or a RW disc, this would be a pretty good speed. You can try re-configuring to get that extra 8x speed, update your IDE drivers, the MS drivers are not known for speed.
Take the disc you’re trying to copy, and with it in the source drive, run CDSpeed transfer rate test to see how fast it’ll read.
Again, unless you share with us what your buffers are doing during the burn, it’s not easy to say why it’s “slow”.

Ok, I’ll do a CDSpeed test and I’ll post the results. But I copy on the fly at 40x but my cd will be burned on 7min. And that’s the problem. I would like to copy those cds at 40x or 48x between 4min max.
The things I am burning are mostly simple programs…Not even protected games or programs.

700Mb takes about 3:15 at 40x, and about 2:50 at 48x.

Up to now, I have never seen or heard about a drive that could have speed up to cater for the 48X on-the-fly burning readings, not even in data files, let alone DAE ones.

Any of the LiteOn 48x drives, DVD or CDRW, can supply data fast enough for 48x copying. At least they do fo me. But the source disc must be in good shape with no errors.

Originally posted by skawn
[B]

Ok, I’ll do a CDSpeed test and I’ll post the results. But I copy on the fly at 40x but my cd will be burned on 7min. And that’s the problem. I would like to copy those cds at 40x or 48x between 4min max.
The things I am burning are mostly simple programs…Not even protected games or programs. [/B]

I can’t help but notice that the times happen to be almost double the time it takes to actually burn a cd.

Are you sure it’s not doing a test burn first , or worse, imaging the cd to HD, then burning the image?

It’s either burning at 12x because thats the maximum that nero correctly recognizes the writing drive or the actual reading speed set in the audio reading section is set to 12x ,which incidentally is the default reading speed for unknown drives.

This is the DVD;

The writer will follow :slight_smile: