Liteon 48x Burner

vbimport

My 48x burner has firmware VS01. Now are VS02 or VS04 beta firmwares or are they official. Which one is better. Also I have found both in .BIN format. Are these firmwares in a windows exe format? If so where can they be found.

I have tired vs02 its better that vs01 and i dont know vs04 is beta or not.

VS04.bin is not beta !

i have flashed useing the 40125W to 48125W

sucsessfully

but genrely you get better read and cav for the VS02.bin and bettter media compatibility…

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bow: :cop:

VS04.bin is not beta !

Difficult to state this conclusively. Beta is firmware / software that is still undergoing testing. BTW, just because a drive has been flashed with VS04 doesn’t mean that it is not Beta.

If one wants official firmware, it’s always best downloaded from the manufacturer’s site

I don’t know wether or not it is beta but it is listed in the Liteon media checking program if you click on the smart burn button.

I just bought a 48125W made in May 2002, I have not installed it yet but when I do I’ll see if it shipped with the 04 or the older firmware and report back.

burnproof,
That is one way to look at it. Another would be that if a drive ships with that firmware it is official and not beta. But we all should know that in the end we are just beta testers anyway. It’s just that some companies polish their stuff more than others before they release it. Which brings us back to your point. I would hope that the official firmware posted for download at the LiteOn website is a more polished and fully tested “beta version”. Polished by them and fully tested by us, their beta testers! :cool:

:slight_smile: :bigsmile:

I agree about getting the official firmware from liteon’s site. But that is not a option. They don’t even have VS01 on there site. My drive is dated May 2002 and has VS01 firmware. But I haven’t not been able to get it up to 48x. So I am trying to find a way to. Is VS02 the better firmware to use?

Thanks

VS01 makes it a 48x writer. If you don’t have that capability with it try different media. :cool:

Got a 48125W a few days ago dated May 2002 - the firmware is VS02.

The drive works on a XP Pro / Nero 5582 combination but my current CD-R’s only burn at 32x (smartburn on). I need to get a supply of CD-R’s that burn at 48x I’ll then try a comparision with VS04 and report back.

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
[B]VS04.bin is not beta !

i have flashed useing the 40125W to 48125W

sucsessfully

but genrely you get better read and cav for the VS02.bin and bettter media compatibility…

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bow: :cop: [/B]

Well I have a non-OC, non-OEM, true 48125W and can tell you that if VS04 was the real deal, it would in my drive. Instead it’s VS02.