LITEON 48125W + CloneCD 4.0.1.10

I’m having problems with my new Liteon burner, 48125W VS06. For cd’s with protection that I’ve tried, such as High Heat 2003, Battlefield 1942, MOH: AA, the read speed drops down to below 1x… Right now it’s reading at 0.43x and reporting a good 2 and a half hours remaining. Discs without protection read fine.

I’m just using the standard settings for game backup in CloneCD 4. Read Subchannel data is on along with fast error skip.

Same problem exists with my older copy of CloneCD 3.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? I was hoping for 10 min burns, not 10 hours.

In the Read profile window, right click the Game CD profile and see if Fast Error Skip is enabled. You should also look here and test the custom profiles

Additionally…I can recommend the VS08 firmware…it DOES do some things a little better than the VS06 fw did.

FutureProof!..I had no idea until just then that you were from Australia…=D. Tell me…are you a member of the atomic maximum power computing forum?

I rant and rave about CD-freaks on the forum there all the time…people generally have positive things to say about this place

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by zebra
FutureProof!..I had no idea until just then that you were from Australia…=D. Tell me…are you a member of the atomic maximum power computing forum?
I am, same nick as here. I don’t post much because every time I help someone with a CD problem I get flamed for being a “pirate” or I get the usual “…anyone with a Lite-on and half a brain can copy a CD…”

I also write SetUp and a column for PCPowerPlay :wink:

Thanks guys. I got the profiles and the new firmware. Much much better results. Didn’t achieve a working 1:1 copy of High Heat 2002 though and I used the Safedisc 2 (no AWS) profile. But no problems if I run it with Daemon’s Safedisc emulation.

Did you use CCD 4.0.1.10 ? If not, you should download and install that one. After that you can create good working coppies.

Originally posted by Tmf123
…But no problems if I run it with Daemon’s Safedisc emulation.
Emu doesn’t work with SafeDisc CD backups unless Fastdump is used. Emu only works on images otherwise. I don’t understand your situation otherwise. Something else is going on but I don’t know what :confused:

Jaysea: Yes, I’m using the newest version of CloneCD. (noted in thread title)

FutureProof: That’s interesting… All I know is Daemon Tools allows me to use the backup cd to play, the same as with Warcraft 3. :slight_smile: As for the technicalities of it, that’s a bit over my head.