Liteon 411s firmware problems?

Hello~

I have been a lurker at cdfreaks for awhile, I finally decided to join up :slight_smile: Anyway, my lite-on dvd burner is having some wierd problems lately, I was wondering if anyone knew about them. After I updated to the new firmware liteon just listed, i noticed that nero does not show status of burning. Sometimes it will complete sucessfully but it will stay on 1% for the whole time, not seing status kinda sucks. Then others, which is the majority, I recieve power calibration error. I have traced this to being bad media, which in fact, it is. I spent like $9.99 AR for 50 DVD-R’s :stuck_out_tongue: cheep, but fine for my xbox backups. I have burned many of these before, and just now has this problem arised. Anyone else hear of this problem, or anything like it?

Thank you,
Trevor

I wouldn’t really suspect the drive or its firmware quiet yet… are you using the latest version of Nero? Maybe it would help to uninstall, then reinstall Nero.

Well the reason i suspected the firmware is because I attempted to use fireburner too. This didn’t work either.

It seems to be the firmware, i went back to FS0H instead of the newest FS0J and it works. Typical lite-on, fix one problem, create another :expressionless: Nero now says 7% done burning, instead of 1%. Appears to have worked this time… I wonder if i was the only one to have this problem?

Update 3 DVDs burned fine now. I guess the FS0J was crap firmware

Well, unfornitually im back
My drive is back to making expensive coasters again.

Now what :expressionless: I’ve burned on TDK media, which is suppose to be good, and its still making a ton of coasters. DVDX copy just goes right to finalizing DVD, it says an error has occured, check log. The log says:
0040DB00: Writing Movie:0

Nero just power configuration errors, and writes short lead out.
Maby this isn’t a firmware problem?

Have you seen/tried this yet?
BTW, I would recommend FS0F for DVD-R writing.

If it’s not any of those issues it can also be due to IDE problems.
As a start:

• Try using default MS IDE drivers instead of ones you are using now.
  • Try replacing the IDE cable with a different/new 80 wire one (bad IDE cables are a greater issue then one would initially think).

I never thought of power supply. I added a new 200 gig HD to my setup the other day. I have 2 - 120 gig hds, 1- 200 gig hd, 2 case fans, my liteon burner all running now. I think its time for me to get a new case/psu :expressionless: i tried unplugging one of the case fans, as i need all my HDs to see if that fixes the problem at all. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Good to hear! :smiley: