Liteon 400D to sony 500A

vbimport

Seeing that liteon is not adding any new firmware for the 400D and it is supposed to be a sony 500A clone I was wondering if it could be changed to a sony 500A with a firmware update? If this is possible what steps are required, what firmware and how do you do it? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I never tried to change firmware before and I didn’t know you could do such a thing until coming to this forum. There is a wealth of information on this forum and I, being new to this, appreciate the sharing of the wealth. Thanks gmartin

Originally posted by gmartin
Seeing that liteon is not adding any new firmware for the 400D and it is supposed to be a sony 500A clone I was wondering if it could be changed to a sony 500A with a firmware update? If this is possible what steps are required, what firmware and how do you do it? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I never tried to change firmware before and I didn’t know you could do such a thing until coming to this forum. There is a wealth of information on this forum and I, being new to this, appreciate the sharing of the wealth. Thanks gmartin

if it is indeed a clone… then what you probably need is a firmware…

however… beware that, the eeprom should be able to match things to make them work…

try to flash the firmware… and see it works… you can always revert to what you have now… just save it…

check for firmware tools … they’re all there

Hi, check here.