LiteOn 24x won't boot anymore

Hi everyone,

I read many postings, but didn’t find something that solved my problem yet. Maybe I didn’t read carefully enought, but here’s my problem:

I have an LiteOn 24x burner (sorry - I’ve no access to the model-name at the moment) that worked pretty well in my system (duron 600, asus a7v). No I changed my setup to an athlon 2ghz, epox board and ddr-ram. All drives are correctly detected, except for the LiteOn. I double-checked cables - they are ok. I disconnected the LiteOn and put my dvd-rom on the connector, where the LiteOn should go to - no problem at all. The system won’t boot if my LiteOn is connected. It’s jumpered as master and I tried secondary master on standard ide and primary master on highpoint raid. But no success. The joke is, I didn’t even tried to flash the drive - most other users with a similar problem had a bad flash before this problem occurs.

Suggestions such as - disconnect the printer from your pc didn’t helped much. I only had connected my ps/2 mouse, keyboard and monitor as I first tried to boot my new system. I tried udma-cable and normal ide-cable. Didn’t tried to connect to the secondary slave yet - as I read this just a few minutes ago.

Maybe someone has some clever suggestions and maybe there is a logical reason for this strange behaviour ? I would guess not so, but who knows.

Thanks for any help,

Malte

Because you have an AMD with Epox, you maybe use Via drivers.
Uninstall the Via Ide drivers and install the microsoft ide drivers again.

Originally posted by Nicowico
Because you have an AMD with Epox, you maybe use Via drivers.
Uninstall the Via Ide drivers and install the microsoft ide drivers again.

You are totally right on this one, but as far as my understanding of pc-hardware goes, it’s pretty irrelevant what windows drivers one uses when the system won’t boot if the drive is attached to an ide port :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Malte

Yes.you are right also.:slight_smile:
Try your writer in another computer.

I got a new hardrive ATA100 to replace my ATA66 that was working with a Plex x16 as slave, I couldnt see my Plex16x after I installed the new harddrive. I had to move it to the secondary port with my other cdr. The Cmos would not see the Plex 16 with the new ATA100 hardrive but would with the ATA66:confused: Anyway Did you try to just install the Liteon as primary and not use a hardrive? See if your CMOS will see it on boot up. (make sure your cmos is set to boot cd first)

I will try this too - thanks - although my drive-configuration was ok before I changed the mainboard. But who knows, I had my ATA100 drive on the promise controller, so it may help to change things a bit here.

Malte