Liteon 24x (b) audio-cd writung speed

vbimport

hi,

at what speed should i write audio-cds with this (great :slight_smile: ) drive?

InSOMniA

There should be no problem writing as fast as possible. Use certified media for the speed you are using. When writing from harddisk, write at 24speed. When copying on the fly, depends on the dae capabilities of your reader. As far as I know, only the Kenwood 72speeds cd-reader are fast enough for on-the-fly copying at 24 speed.

I think the liteont ltd 163 is also capable of making 24x on the fly copies

ok thx i’ve tried it.

my very very very old sony has no problems at all with this cd.

my newer aiwa always suckz … even with tdk it doesn’t work :frowning:

InSOMniA

I’ve had good luck with kodak and mitsui toatsu chemicals CD-R discs for audio.

I’ve had better luck with writing at 24X than at 16X…think they have fine-tuned the write quality at 24X.

I also recommend firmware 5S54.

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
There should be no problem writing as fast as possible. Use certified media for the speed you are using. When writing from harddisk, write at 24speed. When copying on the fly, depends on the dae capabilities of your reader. As far as I know, only the Kenwood 72speeds cd-reader are fast enough for on-the-fly copying at 24 speed.

Ah… I forgot. :stuck_out_tongue: Current 24sp writers use variable writing speed… 16-20-24sp. So you need a reader which can deliver at least 16sp dae for the inner part of the cd. So this means that not only the Kenwood Zen readers can do this (32sp starting dae), but also the LiteOn ltd163!

:smiley:

I use my Lite-On at 24x when backing up my Audio CD’z that I return in rage that there ‘not what I thought’…

back to the plot… my Pionner DvD AO5 is probably on able to push out at 40x at best and yet, I’m able to do 9 out 10 CD’z on the FLY!

However, I do find the odd error with some, possibly due to the source drive being too slow, so I tend to do my back-ups around 16x to be safe and NEVER errorz! On somewhere about 200-250 CD’z now at 16x and NO ERRORz! :stuck_out_tongue:

Long live Lite-On… :smiley:

Ooo 36x… Hmmm?!
CD’z in naught to sixty, in 60 secondz…
LoL :rolleyes: