LiteOn 20A4P-$18 + Shipping From ZipZoomFly NO Rebates Required

vbimport

Yo-

As title says - buy here:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10007115&eml=102108&email=102108&ref_id=6067&ref_t=Z&originid=80785328

This is an extremely good/fast reader/ripper and Disc Quality Tester (there are far better writers which can be matched to this one like the Pioneer 115D) - which I use on my burning computer every day-eh!!

NewEgg is almost always cheaper on that drive because of free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106228

$21.99 out the door :wink: (at the time of this post)

p.s. what’s your general opinion of it as a writer to stuff like Verbatim DVD+R DL (made in singapore) and general quality media like Verbatim/TY ? … cause if it’s easily within the ‘good’ (to great) burn range (i.e. low PIF’s (say 3-4 tops at peak spike) and generally low PIE’s (say 40ish or lower)) then i would not be to worried about using another burner myself.

Shipping way to much…I will stick with Newegg.

[QUOTE=NBR;2144825]…what’s your general opinion of it as a writer to stuff like Verbatim DVD+R DL (made in singapore) and general quality media like Verbatim/TY ? … cause if it’s easily within the ‘good’ (to great) burn range (i.e. low PIF’s (say 3-4 tops at peak spike) and generally low PIE’s (say 40ish or lower)) then i would not be to worried about using another burner myself.[/QUOTE]

The DH-20A4x series drives are great burners. It burns the media you listed quite well and can compete directly with the Pioneer 115, Optiarc 7200, and others. People are asleep if they don’t realize just how good the recent Lite-On burners have gotten. They’re not just for reading/ripping/scanning anymore. My advice to people is that if they only want to buy one drive, get a Lite-On. It’s the swiss army knife of DVD burners.

[QUOTE=negritude;2145032]The DH-20A4x series drives are great burners. It burns the media you listed quite well and can compete directly with the Pioneer 115, Optiarc 7200, and others. People are asleep if they don’t realize just how good the recent Lite-On burners have gotten. They’re not just for reading/ripping/scanning anymore. My advice to people is that if they only want to buy one drive, get a Lite-On. It’s the swiss army knife of DVD burners.[/QUOTE]

yeah i thought so :wink: , cause in general i been a fan of Lite-On for quite a while now and i figured in terms of ‘overall’ that there quite good especially for the cheap price of $21.99 :wink:

p.s. i should probably upgrade mine ( Lite-On 1673S (from 2005) ) but as the saying goes… ‘if it aint broke, dont fix it’ :wink:

[QUOTE=NBR;2145093]yeah i thought so :wink: , cause in general i been a fan of Lite-On for quite a while now and i figured in terms of ‘overall’ that there quite good especially for the cheap price of $21.99 :wink:

p.s. i should probably upgrade mine ( Lite-On 1673S (from 2005) ) but as the saying goes… ‘if it aint broke, dont fix it’ ;)[/QUOTE]

The 1673s can be crossflashed to a 1693s and performs even better in case you
haven’t done so already.
budzos

A couple weeks ago I bought that burner for $25.99 with free shipping, and Newegg included a 50-pack of Fuji DVD+R.

[QUOTE=negritude;2145032]The DH-20A4x series drives are great burners. [B]It burns the media you listed quite well and can compete directly with the Pioneer 115, Optiarc 7200, and others. People are asleep if they don’t realize just how good the recent Lite-On burners have gotten. [/B]They’re not just for reading/ripping/scanning anymore. My advice to people is that if they only want to buy one drive, get a Lite-On. It’s the swiss army knife of DVD burners.[/QUOTE]
Hardly. And did you say asleep? Not with the crappy DH20A4P I’ve got. It’s a noisy, cheaply built (typical Lite-on) vibration monster. At $10 it’s still over priced. My Pioneer 115D is like a Mercedes compared to that Yugo.

Mine is very quiet.

Unless they want to burn CD media, and discover the horrendous jitter levels that often produces coasters even with the best media. Far from being the “swiss army knife of burners”.

[QUOTE=packetloss;2146111]Unless they want to burn CD media, and discover the horrendous jitter levels that often produces coasters even with the best media. Far from being the “swiss army knife of burners”.[/QUOTE]

Yo P/L-

Agree - and as I have said earlier - the 20A4*'s are great readers/rippers and Disc Quality Testers - but for a [B][I]great[/I][/B] allaround writer - the Pioneer 115D is the [B][I]best[/I][/B] I have personally experienced-eh!!