Liteon 1693 KS0B problem with YUDEN000 T02

I have an interesting problem with my 1693. I flashed to KS0B a while ago and have had no trouble burning other media. I just yesterday burned a YUDEN000 T02 and it was a total coaster. This was not the case with KS0A. I thought maybe my bridge board was goofy so I moved the drive to another board. I then burned some other media with no problem, TYG02, and just now burned another YUDEN000 T02 coaster.
The only clue in the media is a clear change in the burn surface right about half way through, almost as though the 8X part of the stratagy is no good.

I moved back to KS0A and the problem is gone. This media is just fine on other burners. I am happy with KS0A, but the problem in KS0B is very strange.

Anyone else seen this?

I’m not sure that can be relevant, but latest version of omnipatcher have a bug (C0deKing was discussing on the thread). Are you using official firmware or one modified with omnipatcher?

chas0039, very odd. I’ve never burned a T02 with KS0B and I’m saving the last two I have because I can’t get any more over here. What I’m saving them for, I don’t really know yet. Maybe a sub 6:30 12x burn with <50 PIFs. :wink: I also haven’t heard of any problems burning T02 at 8x with KS0B from anyone else, so it will be interesting to see the replies that come back.

@geno888
FYI. The OP problem is only with 5S firmware and it is a checksum check in the firmware that is causing the problem. It’s not a bug in OP, it’s just that OP has to do more with this firmware when a patch is applied. :wink:

@C0deKing

Sorry for my mistake. I’m a noob regarding OP.

Please accept my apologize. :slight_smile:

Thanks but it’s not necessary. I appreciate you trying to help out. :slight_smile:

I just finished another +R YUDEN000 T02 with KS0A and it came through flawlessly. Perfect scan and ROM is bitset. Very strange.

I guess I will just wait for KS0C and stick with what I have.

I’d be happy to test a Yuden T02 on my 1693, but I’m using firmware KC4B. I don’t know whether that would have any meaning under these circumstances…

I have successfully burned many YUDEN000 T02 off of KS0B with good scans… Dunno what problems you are having :frowning:

chas0039, either your beloved 1693s har broken or you just got a bad batch of TYT02’s… :confused:

Verbatim branded YUDEN000-T02 (TG001158) @8x, movie-image burned with DVDDecrypter at stock 1693_KS0B.
Perfect result, note QS99 with BenQ… :bigsmile:

KS0B TYT02 8x.txt (1.26 KB)

same here

Verbatim 8x DVD+R Yuden000T02 work awesome here with KS0B.

Clearly my KS0B has something wrong with it or my drive just had a bad flash. Either way I will stick with KS0A, as my scans look perfect there.

First time I have ever seen this with any drive or firmware. I guess strange stuff like this is what makes life interesting.

Thanks for the feedback.

Well, not being content to leave things alone, I jumped to KC4B and cleared the learning and turned out a great burn on the first try. I have to assume that my flash to KS0B was somehow bad for one or more of the strategies.

Bless those codeguys. This scan is something to be really thankful for. I can’t wait to see what happens after it learns a little.