[Liteon 1653s]problems with standalone players

vbimport

Hi all…my very first post here…
A friend of mine has a Liteon 1653 with latest official firmware (dloaded from liteon.com) using Nero 6.3.1.25
We bought together some Ritek- printable (G04) and he is having serious problems after burning at 4X (only speed available in Nero).
When watching the DVD on a standalone player (he tryed 2 different players) the movie freeze for 1-2 secs and than skip to next frame…NOT ALWAYS and NOT AT THE SAME POSITION
he had this problem both with DVD backups (Decripter+Shrink+Nero) and photos slideshows on a DVD created with MemoriesOnTV and burned with nero (consider that the size of the slideshow is less than 1GB).
The DVD is readable on the PC both with the LG DVD reader and Liteon writer

With my Pioneer 106 I burned almost 100 Ritek without a problem (well I had a fu**ing Nvidia IDE problem but this is another story :slight_smile: )

do you think that forcing Nero to burn at 2x (using MediaCodeSpeed or Omnipatcher) will solve the problem ???
or is it a R- problem ???
or a Ritek quality problem ???

any other idea or suggestion ???

Thank You
Roberto

Welcome To The Forum Boboli

I Believe The Lite-On SOHW-xxx3S Series Cannot Burn Slower Than 4x

Being A Minus DVD Should Not Be A Problem.
But My Lite-On SOHW-1653S Hated My Last 2 Batches Of RiTEK G04’s.
I Have Been Staying Away From RiTEK G04’s With My Lite-On SOHW-1653S.
RiTEK Can Be A Bit Of Hit And Miss Of Late.
I Have Been Using DVD-R 8x MCC 02RG20 With All My Current Drives.
Try Different Media.

@ boboli
Your friend can check his and your burn results with the Liteon 1653 and Kprobe 2.4.2 BLER scans(scanned at 4x scan speed the forum standard for comparison as Pulsee did). You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to find out what these graphs mean. PI/PO is now referred to as PI/PIF. Roughly, PImax<280; PIFmax<4. Attaching disc quality scans to your post of any offending discs will help us help you.

I also agree with Pulsee about getting inconsistent results with RITEKG04 and Liteons. Glad to hear your Pioneer works well with these. Maybe you should keep the G04s for yourself, and your friend get something else, like RICOHJPNR01, which are known to be excellent for Liteons, and bitset them to dvd-rom. Your Pioneer will also love these as well.