LiteOn 1653 problem

I had problem while flashing drive - LiteOn 1653s (previously 1613s).

Lost power while flashing the drive. When power came back, turned PC on and it does not recognize the DVD problem drive (the LiteOn 811s is fine)

Is there any way to fix it (beside throwing it into thrash can)?

I’m not an expert on this, but you should be able to recover your drive using this tool. It is similar to updating bios from a DOS interface, but should be the tool for you

Hope this can help

Thanks for your quick reply.

Problem is that I cannot even open the tray. It seems like no power comes into the drive.

To flash bios you don’t need to open tray.

But you need a floppy in which put the bin file to flash the firmware from a DOS interface before than windows starts

There is also the possibility that the drive was damaged by the sudden power lost. Does led flash during boot of computer? If yes, then power supply is ok

Power supply is ok cuz I am still able to boot up my PC.
However, the led on the dvd drive is NOT blinking while booting up the machine.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know if this is due to a damage of the drive.

You can try to recover your drive with this tool, but I’m not an expert into this.

I suggest to ask to C0deKing or code65536; maybe they can give you better suggestions.

Thanks for your help.
I hope C0deKing and code65536 would read this thread.

Hi 9no, thanks for the PM. MTKWinFlash is not for DVD writers, just DVD-ROM and CDRW drives. Here’s what to do to restore your DVD writer.

1653S recovery
This is the procedure I recommend to restore your drive:
1/ create a bootable dos disk. Remove all files except command.com, io.sys and msdos.sys (the system ones)
2/ download mtkflash 1.80 from http://dhc014.rpc1.org/howto.htm
3/ Add MTKFlash.exe to the disk.
4/ Get CS0P.BIN from http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares/dvdrw/stock/1653S.CS0P.stock.rar.
5/ Add this to the disk.
6/ Select the jumpers on your drive for master and remove all other drives.
7/ Boot to the floppy while holding the drives eject button.
8/ Type in MTKFlash 3 w /b /m CS0P.BIN. The 3 is secondary master. See the step 2 site for details.

After all of this you will have to flash your drive (under Windows) with the crossflash patched firmware or 1613S firmware, otherwise the drive will not work properly. :wink:

Hope this helps…

Thanks C0deKing.
Will try it and will post the result.

Successfully fixed the issue.
Thank you all for your help.