Liteon 163 problem

The liteon 163 read only DVD and no more Cd’s what can’t be?

Help!
:confused: greetings dutch54

Hi m8

I have a very similer problem with my 163d and I have gone back to the firmware that came with my dvd rom drive GHR3 and it seems to work now.

I sugest you to try and do the same, and for some strange reason people here dont even answer any threads on 163 (d
)

strange

aj

If the firmware doesn’t help, try booting from a bootable floppy and try to read a CD.

If the drive won’t read any CDs in DOS, there’s not much you can do, as the drive is probably broken.

BTW, I’m sorry to hear that no one has answered your posts, AJ. I guess that no one knows why you’ve had that problem. :frowning: Don’t give up on Lite-On, though. They’re good drives!

thanks for a nice post. cdrecorder

I have ghr-3 unedited or anything and the original from my drive and that one working. I will keep the pps posted. when i get the ghr8 on.

aj

I have similar problem.

More exactly, it concerns cds as well as dvds and hapening just… time to time…

Sometimes it reads everything fine, sometimes it doesn’t even recognize the disc. I also suspect firmware to be the cause.

Didn’t try to downgrade tough but every upgrade didn’t fix anything.

Please tell me how it’s going for you.

Originally posted by aj2001
[B]Hi m8

I have a very similer problem with my 163d and I have gone back to the firmware that came with my dvd rom drive GHR3 and it seems to work now.

I sugest you to try and do the same, and for some strange reason people here dont even answer any threads on 163 (d
)

strange

aj [/B]

Thanks i try but i dont no how

dutch54

I got my ltd 163 along w/ my dell system.
It doesn’t read DVD -R
but it will read dvd+r and dvd+rw
weird huh? … I don’t understand either.

tried to upgrade firmware to gh5s, but an error message pop up said drive model does match. the current firmware is GDHG

Is there anyone else outhere have the same issue?
or having a solution for this.
any help is appreciated.

tt8ng

Yo tt8ng,

Go to digi’s site and get his Windoze flash utility and the binary firmware. It will force-flash the drive. I’ve flashed my non-Dell 163 with the latest Dell firmware and it works like a champ. No audio cache so EAC rips fast.

Thanks Tremo!
I got the firmware flashed from DGHG to DGHJ, with the mtkwin from digi’s site.
So, I try again. no, won’t read my dvd-r burn w/ optorite dd0201 at 2x.

I borrowed 2 dvd-r from friend. burn w/ sony dvd buner --> it work.

I guess I should try to burn slower, 1x.

my sys:
Dimension 4450 2.66 ghz
256 mb + 512 mb DDR2700
Lite-On ltd 163
OptoRite DD0201
WD 80 GB
WD 200 GB (just screw up, lost all my mp3, mpg, m2v, refomatting @#@#)
w2k sp4

Yo,

I’ve been doing some reading on this and it seems like the current crop of DVD burners are not nearly as robust as CD burners. The DVD burners may be very very picky about the media they use. Also, in the case of dual format burners (+/- r/rw), it will favor one type of media more than the other. A burner that may work well with +r media may work very mediocre or poorly with -r media.

Mm I opened my 163 completely, tried ti clean the lens a bit and closed back everything.

Well it seems it goes a lot better now, didn’t failed for now. Before it would have a couple time per day…

remember I said my liteon ltd163 won’t play dvd-r? well, the problem isn’t at the liteon ltd163. It was my Optorite dd0201 burner’s fault.
The OptoRite DD0201 w/ firmware 2.17 produce bad DVD-r.
the copied dvd-r will not play on my Liteon ltd163 and Cyberhome ch-dvd-402.

I just update my OptoRite DD0201 to firmware 2.23 and burn 1 dvd-r. this copy play well in both my Liteon and Cyberhome.

Hza! problem solve.

Man… I blame the wrong thing.

My Liteon LTD163 doesn’t read CD’s or DVD’s!! IT gets stuck and when i double click the drive with a CD in it, it won’t read it, pls help…

Try to flash firmware.