LITEON 124/234/324/524/624... help! my brain explodes

vbimport

Can you guys help me? I Lost my ihas122 b firmware, can anyone sent to me?

I am not getting the ihas524 working here, the led is blinking and I already tried the eeprom convert feature

[QUOTE=gabidavila;2610681]Can you guys help me? I Lost my ihas122 b firmware, can anyone sent to me?

I am not getting the ihas524 working here, the led is blinking and I already tried the eeprom convert feature[/QUOTE]

Do you execute the power off power on cycle needed to complete the process ?

The process is:

• flash the drive with the .bin firmware using the flash utility.
  • Convert the drive using the function in eeprom utility.
  • Power off and power on the computer. ( just reset doesn’t work )

I already convert iHAS122 A to iHAS524 A and iHAS122 B to iHAS524B.
The only difference is that iHAS122 A chipset doesn’t support LabelTAG.

[QUOTE=zhadoom;2610687]Do you execute the power off power on cycle needed to complete the process ?

The process is:

• flash the drive with the .bin firmware using the flash utility.
  • Convert the drive using the function in eeprom utility.
  • Power off and power on the computer. ( just reset doesn’t work )

I already convert iHAS122 A to iHAS524 A and iHAS122 B to iHAS524B.
The only difference is that iHAS122 A chipset doesn’t support LabelTAG.[/QUOTE]

Hi!!!

I did that and worked, BUT, I am trying to burn a XGD3 disc, and every time I get error, I am using the ImgBurn software, any recommendations?

[QUOTE=cvs;2608710]As long as you have an unscrambled firmware available, you can always crossflash back. The first rule before attempting to do a crossflash is to backup your original firmware using the Flash Utility (http://club.myce.com/f44/flash-utility-plds-liteon-based-optical-drives-v6-0-1-new-190420/) and back up your EEPROM too using the EEPROM Utility (http://club.myce.com/f44/eeprom-utility-plds-liteon-sony-cd-dvd-writers-v6-2-0-new-112103/) and keep those two files safe.

When you do a crossflash, the result is that the newly flashed firmware no longer matches the original ID of the drive which is stored in the EEPROM area of the drive. In your case the drive’s EEPROM says that the drive is an iHAS122 B while the new firmware loaded is for an iHAS124 B drive. The drive detects this contradiction and refuses to work, and what you get is the LED blinking all the time and the drive refusing to read or write any media. For a crossflash to be successful, the drive ID stored in the EEPROM needs to be modified to match the drive ID of the new iHAS124 B firmware. This can be easily achieved by using the “Convert Drive” option in the EEPROM Utility.

That’s the whole point about making sure you know what you’re doing before you do it, and the main reason for always backing up your existing firmware before crossflashing. Here’s an unscrambled copy of the ZL08 iHAS124 B firmware which you can use to go back if you want:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ci069a2963pb09

After that you can update the drive to the latest firmware using the official LiteON flasher.

Yes, you can dump the firmware from another iHAS122 B drive using C0deking’s Flash Utility. Yes, the *.bin firmware dumps are unscrambled and they can be used for crossflashing. Yes, once you have a firmware dump from another drive you can flash it back to your drive using the Flash Utility.

PS. While firmwares of identical drives are interchangeable, their EEPROM backups are not. NEVER EVER flash a LiteON drive with the EEPROM coming from another drive! Each drive’s EEPROM contains unique calibration data for that specific drive. Firmware files are 2MB in size while EEPROM files are only 8KB in size.

PSS. If you want to crossflash your drive to a 24x model I suggest you crossflashing it to an iHAS524 B model. That would give you the maximum number of extra features possible.[/QUOTE]

hey can u give me tutorial to crossflash my ihas 122-04 B to 124 B… please… thank u… i will take the risk for anything will happend

[QUOTE=zhadoom;2592544]Looking at this post http://club.myce.com/f44/liteon-124-234-324-524-624-help-my-brain-explodes-273574/index2.html#post2578537 I crossflashed my iHAS122-04 B to iHAS524B. Works perfectly ( 24x ) including Labeltag capability.

The original firmware from my iHAS122 B is ZL0A. Are your drive with a firmware like ZL0x ? if yes it must be a Mediatek and the crossflash is possible.[/QUOTE]

hey can u give me tutorial how to crossflash my ihas 122-04b to ihas 124 or 524?thank u…

[QUOTE=aldo_glory;2618706]hey can u give me tutorial how to crossflash my ihas 122-04b to ihas 124 or 524?thank u…[/QUOTE]

Go to C0deKing’s site and download the iHAS524 B stock firmware and then read this thread to learn how to crossflash:

• recently updated my LiTE-On iHAS224A with latest firmware ZL0P (no crossflashing figured out yet) and installed lite-on smartpack that shows the SMARTERASE feature as available for this drive although it is A (it’s 224 = Lightscribe also) But not tested, any comments would be appreciated

• Same software shows same feature (smarterase) as available for the crossflashed ASUS BW-12B1ST_1.03 : just CrossFlashed to iHBS112 2 PL06.
    Crossflash did not require eeprom conversion (have no idea how to do that anyway): is it necessary to convert the eeprom too? and how to do that. btw drive identifies well consistently as a lite on drive.

[QUOTE=KTL;2575000]I thought I would give this identification process another update considering the availability of the MTK ‘B’ chipsets. So here they are, all three original iHAS424 variants.

‘A’ chipset : MT1879LE
’B’ chipset : MT1839LN
’Y’ chipset : MC-10045

From the rear of the ‘B’ chipset drive, it seems to be using a similar ‘A’ PCB (note the yellow area), but using the ‘Y’ SATA connector now (note the green area).[/QUOTE]

Thanks , this is the info that i`m looking.

x24 C - mt1809ln

I have Ihas 124-04 DU.
Which chipset has this drive ?

Is it possible to crossflash ?

I think that the DVD-RAM and DVD-DL speeds are also higher on iHA_624.

4,5 years old :wink:

Feature suggestion: Bumpless posting

Take care.
Overspeed a DVD-R CQ, and not ONLY your brain will explode.