Litefirm worked

vbimport

I used Litefirm to successfully change Vs06.EXE to Vs06.BIN:

Litefirm Vs06.EXE Vs06.BIN.

I then flashed to Vs06.BIN. Seemed the same as Vs02 or very slightly faster. Tested a CMC 40x media disk and it worked in CD Speed with 39+ speed and then I burned something on it and used Scandisk, which showed no errors with CMC media. So far I think it is the best yet of the 48x firmware.

I will have to run some more tests though.:cool:

Was this with an oc’ed 40125 or the 48x burner?

Overclocked and I just burned MOHAA in 2:24min. a record for me.:slight_smile:

Overclocked 40125s? You may talk me into flashing!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Did you test the CD on a different drive or the same one. LiteOn CDRW’s aren’t the best readers… check it out on a DVD/CDRom drive and see how things look.

Yes, btownsend it was a Ltr40125S to start and a 48x at the end after Vs06. The 39+ was the average speed with CD Speed and it resulted in 2:24 min. for MOHAA on rather poor media, the CMC 40x.

Originally posted by KenL
[B]I used Litefirm to successfully change Vs06.EXE to Vs06.BIN:

Litefirm Vs06.EXE Vs06.BIN.

I then flashed to Vs06.BIN. Seemed the same as Vs02 or very slightly faster. Tested a CMC 40x media disk and it worked in CD Speed with 39+ speed and then I burned something on it and used Scandisk, which showed no errors with CMC media. So far I think it is the best yet of the 48x firmware.

I will have to run some more tests though.:cool: [/B]

Why didn’t you just use the VS06.exe instead of convirting it to a VS06.BIN.

I used the VS06.exe and it worked like a charm

I didn’t just flash using Vs06.exe in Windows because I had reverted back to Zs0J and I didn’t think that Liteon would have put out firmware that could turn a 40x to a 48x. So instead of first upgrading to a 48x using Vs01, 2 or 4 already in bin format with MTKFLASH and then using Vs06.exe, I did it the other way making Vs06 a bin.:cool: