LITE-ON Still Can't burn CDs from .CUE

vbimport

DH-20A4P 9P59. This is a wonderful drive, I am very happy with the performance with CD and DVD, reads and writes fast with good quality. :slight_smile:

BUT, like previous generation LITE-ON drive I had, this one has problems burning CDs from .CUE files created with Exact Audio Copy. Apparently this is still a “feature” of LITE-ON drives. It won’t burn but at least it doesn’t create a coaster… :frowning:

Other than that, this is a keeper. I’ll burn the .CUEs from my other drive…I would not recommend this to anyone for use in a single drive system if they want to use it to burn .CUEs…

Does the drive behave any differently when using ImgBurn to write the .CUE? [They’re treated as images in ImgBurn].

I’ll give it a try, thanks for the suggestion, Albert. So far I have tried Burrrn, and with my previous drive, Burnatonce and EAC. regards, g1

[QUOTE=Albert;2099591]Does the drive behave any differently when using ImgBurn to write the .CUE? [They’re treated as images in ImgBurn].[/QUOTE]

UH OH. YES, ImgBurn 2.4.2 will burn from a .cue but i’m still checking to see if CD Text is lost…

I was able to write CD Text to a disc with ImgBurn & a cue file. HOWEVER, it was with an LG, not my A4P. HOWEVER #2, I also BUILT the cue file in ImgBurn. I will attempt to build one with EAC, write with ImgBurn, and see how CD Text comes out. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2099642]I was able to write CD Text to a disc with ImgBurn & a cue file. HOWEVER, it was with an LG, not my A4P. HOWEVER #2, I also BUILT the cue file in ImgBurn. I will attempt to build one with EAC, write with ImgBurn, and see how CD Text comes out. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, so far it looks like the CD Text is preserved, with the resulting LITE-ON disc looking the same as one burned in a BenQ drive when played back in a standalone player. Good news, thanks Albert…:bow::bow:

I really want to order another new LITEY now for a backup:)

Oh, well, that’s good news. :slight_smile: Glad you got it sorted out. :clap:

Just FYI…I wrote a disc with my A1P [decided to use it instead]. In the log, it says that it’s writing the Lead-In (CD-TEXT)…just a bit of helpful info if you’re not sure whether IB detected CD-TEXT to burn or even tried to burn it. :slight_smile:

Here’s a scan of the burn: http://club.cdfreaks.com/2099688-post820.html

Playback is good, with full CD-Text. :iagree:

Well, I’m even able to burn okay from a .CUE using the latest version of EAC, with CD Text coming out ok (even after I did some editing to the .CUE file). So it looks like the Burrrn program could use some updating, since it will not burn from the .CUE at all.