Lite-On SOSW-852S (PSX3 Flash) - What\'s the default pot resistor settings?

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SOSW-852S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Had the “can’t read cds” on a drive that’s never been used before…

Screwed with the pot resistors just by hand at first, then by multi-meter later. :doh:

Need to know the optimal settings for these resistors. The classic 2.9-4.0 ohm range like on most drives doesn’t allow disks to read.

.790 will read CD’s but not DVD’s but that’s extremely low, at least by the classic standards I’m use to.

Range is from .400- 399.000.

Anybody have the defaults, and or the tweaked values?

Thanks,
Brett

P.S. the full model number is SOSW-852S 05C

More software guys here than hardware?

More people here not needing to adjust the pot. Since it hadn’t be used before, why didn’t you just return it and get a replacement? But now that you’ve opened it up, you can’t anymore b/c you’ve voided the warranty. We’re not the LiteOn engineering team.

[QUOTE=KTL;2164373]More people here not needing to adjust the pot. Since it hadn’t be used before, why didn’t you just return it and get a replacement? But now that you’ve opened it up, you can’t anymore b/c you’ve voided the warranty. We’re not the LiteOn engineering team.[/QUOTE]

I never stated when the drive was purchased.

The drive came from an Averatec laptop built in 2005 and then stored in a closet for the past 3 years. It was used a total of 5 hours, all of which the drive never responded or barely responded to CD’s.

Seeing how the drive was installed in a computer, that makes it OEM and not under any warranty service by Lite-On, which would be long gone in any regard.

This thread is to discuss the default pot resistors, not snood remarks on warranty processes any numskull is aware of. I’m not new to hardware modifications and I do know how to use my digital meter. This drive has proven to be unrepairable by any means, firmware or otherwise.

If anyone that has logical input on the hardware issue at hand, I’d greatly appreciate it. It’s only going to sit on my shelf for one more week before it gets tossed.