LITE-ON SOHW-812S software

vbimport

Can anyone tell me where I can download the driver software for my LITE-ON SOHW-812S DVD burner? I would also be willing to buy a disc. Thanks. Fredrbbd19@classicnet.net

1st welcome to CDFreaks :slight_smile:

2nd If you are running win95 or later you don’t need any “drivers” as such for 812S to make it work.

You will need software if you wish to burn CD’s or DVD’s and I’m sorry to say if the drive didn’t come with any software when you purchased it, you will now have to buy some. :sad:

Most people seem to use Nero, as I do, you can download a demo version from www.nero.com/en

Thanks for the welcome and reply. I had already purchased 1click dvd software. But experienced a problem burning DVD’s. So I wrote to the manufacturer. They suggested a few things. The last thing they suggested was to update my firmware. After I updated my firmware is when the problems started. Now when I try to burn a DVD. I get the following message. Destination: “2:1:0-Liteon DVDRW SOHW-812S is not available”. Please chose a different destination. Can anyone tell me what to do so I can get my DVD burner working again? Thanks

@ fredrbbd19
Can you describe your problem in more detail like what your drive can and can’t do and the steps you took to correct the problem?
Can you post a Nero Infotool output. Run the tool, then click the diskette icon in the infotool toolbar and save as a .txt file, making sure all 8 boxes are checked. Attach to post using the ‘manage attachments’ button in the ‘go advanced’ reply window.