Lite-On Smartpack

vbimport

Does anybody had problems to update firmware of liteon iHAS124 D using smartpack utility.My Computer shows “Socket Error #10060.Connection timed out”., and the update fails.

Their firmware website appears to be down at the moment, yes.

It was a bug.
Already available the new version 1.22.0.

Sorry for the english, I used Google Translator.

SmartPack 1.22 doesn’t fix it for me. I previously had all the older versions of SmartPack starting with 1.0.0 back in 2009. It stopped working somewhere along the way. I’m not sure exactly where it quit, but my installed programs list (Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP) last showed 1.21 - even though 1.22 was the last one installed. I uninstalled SmartPack which removed it from Add or Remove Programs, then reinstalled 1.22 from the direct download but that didn’t help. Now nothing shows in Add or Remove Programs for SmartPack although the 1.22 version is apparently installed. So it is obviously not coded correctly for my XP SP3 system.

Attempts to run it produce the abovementioned 10060 error or “Connection Closed Gracefully” (see graphic). I haven’t tried other op systems. It fails to work whether I am running my iHAP322 (IDE) or iHAS124(SATA) burner, so the particular burner appears not to be the cause. It may be interacting with my free avast antivirus. Disabling avast antivirus temporarily changes the error message from the 10060 error to the exiting gracefully message but doesn’t fix things. Switching computer firewalls doesn’t help, but maybe it doesn’t like my router’s firewall.

These speculations and efforts are pointless if their firmware server is permanently offline…(?).

[QUOTE=JohnnyBob1;2696363]SmartPack 1.22 doesn’t fix it for me. I previously had all the older versions of SmartPack starting with 1.0.0 back in 2009. It stopped working somewhere along the way. I’m not sure exactly where it quit, but my installed programs list (Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP) last showed 1.21 - even though 1.22 was the last one installed. I uninstalled SmartPack which removed it from Add or Remove Programs, then reinstalled 1.22 from the direct download but that didn’t help. Now nothing shows in Add or Remove Programs for SmartPack although the 1.22 version is apparently installed. So it is obviously not coded correctly for my XP SP3 system.

Attempts to run it produce the abovementioned 10060 error or “Connection Closed Gracefully” (see graphic). I haven’t tried other op systems. It fails to work whether I am running my iHAP322 (IDE) or iHAS124(SATA) burner, so the particular burner appears not to be the cause. It may be interacting with my free avast antivirus. Disabling avast antivirus temporarily changes the error message from the 10060 error to the exiting gracefully message but doesn’t fix things. Switching computer firewalls doesn’t help, but maybe it doesn’t like my router’s firewall.

These speculations and efforts are pointless if their firmware server is permanently offline…(?).[/QUOTE]

While it does appear to be down right now (i just tried it) It was up yesterday, and since i installed smart pack i havent found it to be down untill just now. I’d check again tomorrow, however you can just go to firmwarehq.com and find the same firmware’s there.

Epic Fail Lite-on. I install smartpack, only to find there is no update. Thank you Zak7, I forgot about “firmwarehq.com”.

Furthermore, I cannot believe there hasn’t been an update for the iHES108(2) in ages! It has serious issues regarding Verbatim LTH discs. I suppose the real problem could be LTH discs in general. I didn’t wanna believe they have longevity issues, but that could indeed be true :frowning: