Lite-On SmartErase Drives Imminent?

vbimport

The pics and manuals are up on their global site as of today so it can’t be long!!

Oooooooh nice :smiley:

Nice to know they still come with a choice of bezels too. Not to mention SATA or PATA, Lightscribe or non-Lightscribe…etc. etc.

I know you guys were expecting them soon as you have the news article.
http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/Lite-On-introduces-4-DVD-burners-with-SmartErase.html?news=14908

I want one a.s.a.p. so have been monitoring Liteonit.com almost hourly…LOL

No new updates yet on the US site.

Due next month I was told.

LiteOn website [press release about these drives] says that there was one drive to be released late in this month [August], and the others next month. So “next month” sounds pretty good.

Liteon’s press release stated late August/early September and the US Labor Day weekend would be as good as any other time to release them.

I wish our local online stores would implement advance ordering…I want it yesterday…LOL!!!

Looks like they missed the deadline for the iHAP322 release which was end of August.

The drive works perfectly. What do you guys want to know about it?

[quote=bitaddict;2126971]The drive works perfectly. What do you guys want to know about it?[/quote]Well, for starters, how about everything??? :wink:

Seriously, it would be nice to know how the SmartErase works. And how does it burn? Maybe you could post a couple of scans.

Thanks!

How much?

Just in time for the economic collapse:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106268

I thought they’d never get here.

So anyone received theirs yet? I’m wondering if these are good for scanning too as I’m looking to buy a drive for scanning (DVDs) but SmartErase would be a big plus as I have a few CDs and DVDs I’d like to erase before sending to recycling as precaution. Jitter info would be a plus but not essential… I’m not very difficult I just want to know if the burns are decent and if some older DVDs are still in good condition so getting both features on the same drive would be nice. Also I only use TY media burned with a Pioneer 215d and would prefer the iHAP322 version if that makes a difference. Thanks for any info… a small review would be great too!

[QUOTE=mdfreak;2140594]So anyone received theirs yet? I’m wondering if these are good for scanning too as I’m looking to buy a drive for scanning (DVDs) but SmartErase would be a big plus as I have a few CDs and DVDs I’d like to erase before sending to recycling as precaution. Jitter info would be a plus but not essential… I’m not very difficult I just want to know if the burns are decent and if some older DVDs are still in good condition so getting both features on the same drive would be nice. Also I only use TY media burned with a Pioneer 215d and would prefer the iHAP322 version if that makes a difference. Thanks for any info… a small review would be great too![/QUOTE]

I have the IHAP322. So far scanning seems to be O.K. Jitter in CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.15 does not work. More details once I have a chance to test it.

You need a modified Nero CD-DVD Speed version by C0deKing to make jitter scanning work with the iHAP / iHAS drives: click.

I don’t know if it works with the new SmartArse drives (iHAP / iHAS 322 / 422 etc.), since I don’t have one myself, but going by C0deKing’s posting, it should.

[quote=worker;2140726]Jitter in CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.15 does not work. More details once I have a chance to test it.[/quote]Have you tried DiscSpeed 4.11.2.0?

Moved first scan and following discussion to a new results and discussion thread here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-ihas322-ihap322-dh22a8-254326/

Still waiting for the iHAP422 w/Lightscribe to be released. I hope the late release doesn’t indicate problems with quality control.

What would the differences be between the iHAP322 & the iHAP422, and is there a better reason to wait until the Sata version comes out.