Lite-On SHW-160P6S or Sony DW-Q120A?

This may be old news, so please forgive if I’m dredging up something from the distant past…

I burned a DVD on my Lite-On 160P6S this afternoon, but CD-DVD Speed 4.7 claims the burning drive was a Sony DW-Q120A although it correctly identifies the Lite-On as the scanning drive. What gives? How can the drive be seen as a Lite-On but a disc burned on it be seen as having been burned on a Sony? Both show PS0B f/w.

Is there any way to straighten out this mess?

Hi,

both drives are the same hardware. They are built and developped by Liteon and Sony together. I wouldn’t care about that.

There are many people here, that run their Sony branded drives with Liteon firmware.

Michael

Yes, it’s been this way with -R discs on Lite-On drives for a long time. Confused many people in the past, but is perfectly normal.

Thanks for the info, mciahel and Cressida. I don’t usually burn -R media in the Lite-On, so that’s probably why I never noticed the name mixup before.

I feel much better now! :flower:

Maybe someone here can help me. I am having problems BIG ones with win XP SP 2. It has my drivers for both my internal and external have the same generic driver. they both function the same(ie…read DVD but nothing else, no burning either) Win XP SP 2 will not allow me to update the drivers that are dated 2001. I find on Liteon site that the new driver is 2005. Can someone send me a link to the driver or help me with my situation with XP? I have a Lite on SHW-160PS6 PSOB

Hi,

Does a CD/DVD burning application work? Please explain your problem further.

Win XP SP 2 will not allow me to update the drivers that are dated 2001.
This is okay.
I find on Liteon site that the new driver is 2005.
What driver?

Can someone send me a link to the driver or help me with my situation with XP?
There is no such thing like downloadable drivers for drives.

Michael