Lite-on SHW-160P6S Official PS0C firmware

Hi I just flashed my shw-160p6s from ps0b to ps0c
PS0C firmware released by liteon official website http://www.liteonit.com/global/
And just after restart loading windows XP
it BSOD!
Here is the screen shot of the bsod …
I unchecked all boxes in drive settings and cleared OPC history with SmartBurn3.3.2
and reset learnt media, reset hypertuning with EEPROM_Utility-3.8.3
Then I flashed the drive with PS0C.EXE
MD5sum
228b651104cdeb82bab74a4e58470ef1 *PS0C.EXE

After pressing the reset button the computer boots successfully.

First, the pic is of a computer error, not the fw.
Second, what’s your question? :bigsmile:

hi
can you do the exact same thing and get a bsod too?
bsod is caused when the combination of clearing eeprom and flashing + reboot.

[QUOTE=ragnarokro;1970343]hi
can you do the exact same thing and get a bsod too?
bsod is caused when the combination of clearing eeprom and flashing + reboot.[/QUOTE]
I’m getting good results with PS0B, so I’m sticking
with it.
Did you try flashing back to PS0B?
If so, did you still get the BSOD?

yeah you have a hardware problem but it’s not from the Lite-On flash.

Hi Chuck. It’s rolling56 :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Bob;1970355]yeah you have a hardware problem but it’s not from the Lite-On flash.[/QUOTE]
I agree.

Hi Chuck. It’s rolling56 :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Bob. Long time no “see”.
When did you change your username?
(I’ve been spending a lot of time at
"that other forum" and haven’t been doing
much here lately.) :bigsmile:

Just by updating without clearing anything won’t receive bsod
So I think this PS0C is good. Its just that clearing learnt media, hyper tuning, opc history then flash reboot gets a bsod then reboot again everything is just fine. Maybe a firmware + epprom issue?
Or maybe I shouldn’t reset learnt media + hyper tuning and flash
perhaps I should flash then reset learnt media + hyper tunning + opc history.

I also flashed the PS0C firmware, but my problem is different: I was unable to burn Memorex 8X dual layers with my Lite On SHW 160PS6 burner (and PS0B firmware). So, I flashed the PS0C. Now, I still can’t burn the Memorex 8X, but when I try to burn the older Memorex 2.4X dual layers, it works fine.

Does anyone know why I can’t burn these discs?

this firmware is exactly same firmware as on released by http://support.packardbell.com/fr/item/index.php?i=6997070000&ppn=PB49305202

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-148989/index5.html#post1634816

Dated 2006/07/11
LOL! Good one liteonit.com release this firmware almost 2 years later after it got compiled!

This firmware is strange. The link on LITE-ON’s site provides the PS0B firmware inside the PS0C ZIP file (erm, what? I thought). I found PS0C on Codeguys. Perhaps I made a mistake. I flashed it, and when I put a data CD or DVD in the drive, I could not explore it in Windows! The name of the disc and drive is there, but I can’t explore it. I can right click --> copy on the drive letter and copy the entire contents. WTF!!!
I re-flashed the firmware and now it’s normal.

By the way, I tried flashing back to PS0B, but the flasher wouldn’t let me. It says: “this firmware is for drive 1-0-0-0 SHW-160P6S, you have 1-0-[B]1[/B]-0 SHW-160P6S”. I have no idea what these four numbers are, but PS0C changed them to 1-0-1-0. Again, WTF?! So I guess I won’t even be able to flash back to my original firmware (PS0A). Great.

I think I’m finished with LITE-ON buttheads.

[quote=TJ Lazer;1989985]This firmware is strange. The link on LITE-ON’s site provides the PS0B firmware inside the PS0C ZIP file (erm, what? I thought). I found PS0C on Codeguys. Perhaps I made a mistake. I flashed it, and when I put a data CD or DVD in the drive, I could not explore it in Windows! The name of the disc and drive is there, but I can’t explore it. I can right click --> copy on the drive letter and copy the entire contents. WTF!!![/quote]Did you refresh Windows Explorer when you inserted a disc?

I’m running PSOC on my 160P6S with no problems. When I checked Windows Explorer (I normally use PowerDesk as my file manager, rarely Windows Explorer) to make sure it could “see” everything on a disc in my Litey, it could. However, I did notice WinXP had changed it from drive J to I at some point. Windows does have a bad habit of switching drive letter assignments sometimes, especially when drives are replaced or rebooting after different f/w is flashed.

BTW, welcome to CD Freaks! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome, and oh yes, I refreshed many times. When I opened Nero 7 Burning ROM, and tried to navigate to the drive, Nero crashed!
Again, once I re-flashed the firmware, that problem went away.
Very odd. I’m irked that I can’t re-flash to PS0B or A. Wtf?!

Just recently, before I flashed to PS0C, I was having problems with a Verbatim DVD-RW. I hadn’t had a problem with this disc before; I was using it as a multisession with Nero 6. Then, for no reason, Nero said it wasn’t multisession. I erased it (not the quick way), tried again (start multisession) and same error.
Strangely, I can add to it on my work computer, with CDBurnerXP Pro 3. I did not do this before I got the error in Nero 6 (now 7). Flashing to PS0C did not change anything in regards to this disc.

[QUOTE=TJ Lazer;1989985]This firmware is strange. The link on LITE-ON’s site provides the PS0B firmware inside the PS0C ZIP file (erm, what? I thought). I found PS0C on Codeguys.[/QUOTE]

Hmnnn… I can’t find PS0C on codeguys, but there’s still PS0B-stock

the link for PS0C in france takes forever to connect.

[quote=daimyodrum;1993154]Hmnnn… I can’t find PS0C on codeguys, but there’s still PS0B-stock[/quote]PS0C is available at Lite-On. Look here. Just navigate to the correct page. PS0C is at the top :slight_smile:

Only problem with that is, that version is encrypted,
so won’t load in MediaCodeSpeedEdit etc…

Looks like they fixed it, then. A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded PS0C.zip and inside was PS0B.exe. :clap:

Anyway, I’ve been testing burns I’ve done with this drive since I bought it in Oct. 2006 using Nero CD/DVD Drive Speed. Memorex DVD-Rs and Verb DVD+R DLs. A recent DL, done on PS0B, had a lot of P1 max errors. A LOT. Earlier discs did not. A DVD+RW just looked terrible. I’m looking into other drives.

earlier PSOC and official PSOC differs or same?

[QUOTE=hiren;1994064]earlier PSOC and official PSOC differs or same?[/QUOTE]

exactly the same :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=ragnarokro;1969878]Hi I just flashed my shw-160p6s from ps0b to ps0c
PS0C firmware released by liteon official website http://www.liteonit.com/global/
And just after restart loading windows XP
it BSOD!
Here is the screen shot of the bsod …
I unchecked all boxes in drive settings and cleared OPC history with SmartBurn3.3.2
and reset learnt media, reset hypertuning with EEPROM_Utility-3.8.3
Then I flashed the drive with PS0C.EXE
MD5sum
228b651104cdeb82bab74a4e58470ef1 *PS0C.EXE

After pressing the reset button the computer boots successfully.[/QUOTE]
I am having the same problem. i need the latest version of lite on shw-160p6s ps0b. my dvd-r or +r wont work in my burner.

[QUOTE=MADDAM;2668115]I am having the same problem. my dvd-r or +r wont work in my burner.[/QUOTE]

How is this the same problem as a BSOD???

What exactly do you mean by “my dvd-r or +r wont work in my burner”? Tell us exactly what the problem is…