Lite-On SHM-165P6S Super Allwrite DVD-Burner Review

vbimport

I just posted the article Lite-On SHM-165P6S Super Allwrite DVD-Burner Review.

Lite-On BV was kind enough to send us one of their latest DVD-writer the LiteOn SHM-165P6S. This drive supports 16x DVD+R/-R, 5x DVD-RAM, 8x/6x DVD+RW/-RW writing and 8x/4x DVD+R DL/-R DL writing technology - allowing Double/Dual Layer discs of 8.5GB to be written. Also, it’s nice to see that Lite-On now supports writing of DVD+/-R and DVD+/-R DL above their rated speed by including OverSpeed and Hypertuning functionality (an auto-strategy mechanism).

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/143-Lite-On-SHM-165P6S-Super-Allwrite-DVD-Burner-Review/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/143-Lite-On-SHM-165P6S-Super-Allwrite-DVD-Burner-Review/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It is unfortunate that there was no mention of the DVD -R lead in problem, well documented by Liteon tech people.

What, Liteon has still this problem with the newest drives???

Liteon drives over heat due to design faults and are very noisy:(

I got this on Thursday and till now it have not been able to read or write a single CD/DVD !! Problem

I have 3 of these drives and only “one” dont make wierd clicking/seeking noises when inserting CD’s or DVD’s.They make tapping noises when playing DVD’s all the way through the movie! These drives are poorly made and make unhealthy noises and get VERY hot.They are not as good writers as others like LG and Pioneer. Thumbs down to LiteOn,once again. :frowning:

my verbatim dvd-r’s seem to be incompatible with this drive. it works all the way till 99&, and just would not reach 100%. the light keeps blinking at the eject button doesn’t respond. i use nero burning rom. does anyone face this problem as well?

Has anyone used the Datasafe,DataWrite or Riisc DVDRAM discs? Are they available in 10,25 or 50 hubs?

Does Optodisc have a us division or distributor? Address & phone # please. You need a press room with a contact phone # too. Where is CD freaks located & a press contact phone # please?

hi, yeah my dvd drive is jammed by something? it only opens when there is a CD or DVD inside the tray. apart from these times the drive will open without a disc in the tray once every 150 times (estimation). can someone please help me?

oh my god, thank the lord for opening my driver! never mind about the comment, it opened as soon as i used the emergency eject button and the normal eject button simultaneously!