Lite-On SHM-165H6S possible problem?

vbimport

I just bought a Lite-On SHM-165H6S drive. I installed it in a Sony USB case I had. The drive seems to work OK so far but I did notice something that I don’t think is right. When I put any brand CD in the drive, the drive starts to shutter/vibrate like the disc is out of balance. It does this only when the drives idle until it stops spinning, about 1 - 2 minutes. When reading or recording a CD it’s OK, probably because it’s spinning faster during these times. When I insert a DVD I can feel the same shutter as the DVD spins up and passes the rpm CD’s idle at, but DVD’s must idle at a different rpm as once the dvd idles down I don’t feel the shuttering/vibration. I can feel this shutter throughout the table the drive sits on. Does anyone here have one of these drives that they feel the same type of vibration in ??? I don’t want to piss away $10.00 to ship it back if this is normal for this drive… My other Lite on burner, SHW-160P6S doesn’t vibrate at all.

Thanks
Brian :confused: :confused: :confused:

No it’s not normal for the drive to shutter/vibrate sounds like there is something wrong with it