Lite-On SHM-165H6S Lightscribe problem

vbimport

Hi Everyone…

Was wondering if anyone could tell me why NERO 6.6.1.4 doesn’t recognize my drive as a lightscribe drive?? :eek:

Can anyone recommend a good but cheap lightscribe program???

Thanks

have you installed the lightscribe drivers?

Are the drivers on the Nero CD? Because this is the only disk I have?

I had the same problem.
Nero does not work with the 165h6 at this point.
I still have ‘surething labeler’ from a hp640. I installed it and just burnt a lightscribe 30 minutes ago. Works great so the problem is really nero.
Maybe you can get a 30 day demo of ‘surething labeler’. Hopefully next release of Nero will be fixed!!!
rgds, Soso

You can also download a free version of “Surething Labeler” @ lightscribe.com

http://lightscribe.com/files/setup.zip

If the drive isn´t recognized as lightscribe drive be sure that you installed the lightscribe hostsoftware.

If the drive is still not recognized try this:

change in registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\allocatecdroms

Change parameter from 1 in 0 and reboot your PC then LS should work.

Thank You everyone for your help. I ended up removing Nero off my PC and used the clean program from NERO to remove all registry entries. Afterwards I rebooted PC, then used the NERO CD that came with the drive and it loaded the lightscribe software and recognized the drive. I later loaded all updated versions of NERO and lightscribe software. I also downloaded the free version of ‘Surething Labeler SE’ at http://lightscribe.com/files/setup.zip.

Thanks Again for all your help

I tried this drive with Roxio 8 (downloaded software right after I got the drive) as well as NERO 6.6.1.4 with all the updates. Neither would recognize its LS capabilities. “Surething Labeler” did it first time. So, I know the drive is fine. Hopefully Roxio and/or Nero will update the software soon…

Nero will update the software soon…

nero 7.0.8.2 already supports it

Hmmm, may have to try Roxio again. Hard to believe that the newest version of Roxio wouldn’t support something that their direct competitor does…

Hi :slight_smile:
According to Nero, LS has/is supported from version 6.6.0.8.
See here.

Well, I fixed my problem by uninstalling Nero, using the Nero removal tool, installing the updated LS system software and then installing Roxio 8. Maybe the LS software needs to be installed first? Anyways, I can confirm that Roxio 8 supports LS with this drive…

Nero needs for LightScribe the LS-service (LSsrvc.exe) running in the background.
If the install program doesn’t recognise the LS-drive, then download the LS host software separately from Nero:
http://dl1.nero.com/LS_HSI.EXE

Install an restart.

all i got to say is quico is a genius i have been on the internt for past 2 days tryin to find info on getting my liteon shm 165H6s drive recognized by nero and surething and droppix none would recognize it i uninstalled and reinstalled like 50 times it seems still nothing drive ls system software lsapi eevrything ive found on forums to try i almost given up but i ran across this ste and saw the post about the registry edit
"

change in registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\allocatecdroms

Change parameter from 1 in 0 and reboot your PC then LS should work."

i did this n wham every software now picks it up all this time consuming, upsetting, almost broke my pc days are finally over ty u guys so much