Lite-on question

vbimport

I have a 40/12/48 overclocked to a 48/12/48. Occassionaly, I’ll put in a cdrw to erase and the disc just spins and spins without reading the disc. This doesn’t happen all the time but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this quirk. If I eject the disc and try again, it will usually read on the second try. Is Lite-On aware of this?:confused:

this is definitely not a widespread problem. u might want to try flashing the drive to see if it fixes the problem.

Usually due to a bad disc.

No, not due to a bad disc. The cdrw’s I use are for music to listen to in the car. Usually I listen to a disc a day or so and I then erase it and put something else on it. So, these are discs that were burned on the Lite-On. I just wondered why sometimes my drive takes so long to read them. Regular cdr’s read fine. My drive has been flashed to the latest version as well.:cool:

No, not due to a bad disc

Sorry, I don’t see why you think that. Suggest you do some error scanning on the offending discs.

I have on my computer K Probe, Cd Diagnostic, CD/DVD Diagnostic as well as Cd Speed. I don’t use Doctor since it contains a trojan horse/spyware as reported by Norton as well as other spyware checkers, so that one is out. I’m not really sure why my drive behaves in the way it does with cdrw’s. All I know is what it does, I eject the disc and it will read fine the second or third time. I doubt the drive is bad since I burn on a daily basis, it could be a mismatch between the drive and the cdrw’s which are: Maxell/Made by Mitsubishi, TDK/Made by Plasmon Data Systems, Memorex/Made by Infodisc and Lite-On/Made by CMC Magnetics/Yikes! The dreaded CMC! I always erase using the full erase method. Not a big deal really, I was just tossing my comments out there to see if anyone else has run into this unusual condition, but I will scan these discs for damage as soon as possible.:cool:

Originally posted by REDKING
I don’t use Doctor since it contains a trojan horse/spyware as reported by Norton as well as other spyware checkers, so that one is out.

trojan/spyware? i think u need to update norton.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by REDKING

I don’t use Doctor since it contains a trojan horse/spyware as reported by Norton as well as other spyware checkers, so that one is out.
Of course, it’s up to you how you’d treat CD Doctor
but I only wonder if you could refer to those reports.

I have up-to-date stuff installed on my PC such as Norton SW 2003,
F-Prot Antivirus 1.4, Trojan Remover 6.03, Ad-Aware 6.181, Spybot- Search & Destroy 1.2
and none of them has ever detected/warned of the CD Doc’s trojan hazard.

In all fairness, K Probe and Cd Doctor are ‘beta’ programs still in the development stages. My experience with both programs have resulted in program hangs and not reponding errors. This may be due to the media/the drive/or the programs themselves or a combination of all three. I will continue to use them and update them until the bugs are gone. Regarding the Cd Doctor ‘trojan’, I ran a spyware checker program that identified that program as having a trojan. It could have been a false reading. Cd Doctor has it bugs too, such as a missing dll when it is first run, yes I’ve tried the various versions. I finally gave up on using it since it wouldn’t even load without the missing dll. Hardly a program I want to keep messing with at any rate. Cd/Dvd Diagnostic works fine. I as much as any hard core burner want to try out any new program that is a testing program but I don’t want to be a beta tester, I’d like a program that works.