Lite On question (Lite-On SOHW-1693S)

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SOHW-1693S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Is this unit dual-layer capable? Will this unit burn Lightscribe? and where can I get Lite On lightscribe software?

I have contacted Lite On thru email with these questions and someone named Jason gave me very ambiguous answers. First he says that “in general the unit should burn dual-layer”. Does that mean yes or no?

When I asked about the Lightscribe software and whether or not the unit would burn lightscribe, Jason never bothered answering. When I tried to get to the software on their site, I was told that I did not have authorization to access that area.

The worst part is that Lite On doesn’t have telephone product support unless you are willing to pay $1.49 per minute, with the first minute spent getting your contact info. After buying 3 or 4 of their burners and recommending their equipment to family and friends, I have bought the last Lite On product I’ll every buy.

I have Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and Memorex Lightscribe DVD+R discs just setting here waiting to be used. If someone has answers about my Lite On unit and the software, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

WinXP Pro
2.8G processor
2G RAM
160G HDD with 104G free
Radeon X1650 video card
80G slave drive with 32G free

If you looked at the specs you can see that it burns DL disks at 4X.
There is no lightscribe support. You’re verbatims are just fine for DL burning, you can burn to the Memorex but you won’t be able to use the lightscribe. For future reference, if you do someday get a drive with lightscribe support, be sure to bookmark this site:

http://www.lightscribe.com/index.aspx?flash=no

[QUOTE=Whappo;2204902]If you looked at the specs you can see that it burns DL disks at 4X.

http://www.lightscribe.com/index.aspx?flash=no[/QUOTE]

Thank you. For some reason I didn’t see that in the user’s manual I downloaded.

I have burned a DL disc with no problem.

Does anyone know if someone makes Dual Layer Lightscribe discs?

my dvd drive has gone missing i accidently uninstalled it from device manager now dnt no how to install it back again plsss help me guyss…plsss not finding drivers series is LITE-ON-DVDRW SDHW 1693S

[QUOTE=unkownhiii;2238041]my dvd drive has gone missing i accidently uninstalled it from device manager now dnt no how to install it back again plsss help me guyss…plsss not finding drivers series is LITE-ON-DVDRW SDHW 1693S[/QUOTE]

Just reboot the computer and windows will install it again.