Lite-on or Samsung?

Out of the Lite-on LH-20A1S and Samsung 203B, which would you recommend for compatibility and reliabilty?

I always use Verbatim media.

Cheers.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard joffy. :iagree: :clap:
You do realise that the Lite-On you mention is IDE, while the Samsung is SATA.
Personally I would go with the Samsung.

[QUOTE=zebadee;1934496]Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard joffy. :iagree: :clap:
You do realise that the Lite-On you mention is IDE, while the Samsung is SATA.
Personally I would go with the Samsung.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks I did realise and edit :doh:

OK …Good… Still go with the Samsung. :bigsmile:
As a reader ripper not much in it.
See [B][U]here:[/U][/B]
As a burner the Samsung is much faster & (IMHO) better quality.
Have found the Samsung to be more consistant too.
Which only leaves scanning.
If you want to scan CDR’s or D/L media, even the Lite-On will not perform adequately.
So get a BenQ or Plextor (if you can :cool:).

Thanks I’ll go for the Sammy. I currently have the Pioneers 212D but it’s been very unreliable.

[QUOTE=joffy;1934508]Thanks I’ll go for the Sammy. I currently have the Pioneers 212D but it’s been very unreliable.[/QUOTE]

From my experience you have been unlucky with the Pioneer then. :eek:
Let’s hope the Sammie delivers. :iagree: :cool:

[QUOTE=joffy;1934493]Out of the Lite-on LH-20A1S and Samsung 203B, which would you recommend for compatibility and reliabilty?

I always use Verbatim media.

Cheers.[/QUOTE] The 203B is a far better CD burner while the Litey is a more compatible DL burner. Personally I’d give my 20A1P an edge on single layer DVD burning, it’s burned everything I’ve thrown at it well(can’t say that about my BenQs or Sammies). That said if you just burn SL Verbs and CDs I’m sure the Sammy will do you just fine, altho I’d have thought the Pio 212 you have would’ve as well(unless you got a total lemon).

[QUOTE=chaosoffar2k;1934539]The 203B is a far better CD burner while the Litey is a more compatible DL burner. Personally I’d give my 20A1P an edge on single layer DVD burning, it’s burned everything I’ve thrown at it well(can’t say that about my BenQs or Sammies). That said if you just burn SL Verbs and CDs I’m sure the Sammy will do you just fine, altho I’d have thought the Pio 212 you have would’ve as well(unless you got a total lemon).[/QUOTE]

The 212D maybe faulty. It has worked on and off since I got it a few weeks ago. Turning off RAID setting in the BIOS seemed to fix it at first but it’s creating coasters again.

My 203B is fairly picky with media compared to all of my Liteys or LG62. However, if you have good media is does excellent and consistent burns. If your like me and pick up cheap media for ‘give aways’, I’d certainly go with a Lite-On.

Cheers all,went with the Sammy. I still got a coaster though with Imgburn & Verbatim DVD-R. Lowered burn speed to x6 and was ok.

I would go with the liteon, it might not be as big as a tank as the samsung but it should give you better quality.

My 203B seems to like burning at speeds around 12x or higher. Verbatim -R loves 16x. If your getting coasters and had similar problems with the Pioneer…I might suspect PSU, drivers or motherboard setup.

I would replace your Pioneer. It still has a warranty right. I own one of these in my duplicator and is a real nice drive if you ask me.