Lite-on needs replaced what about DH20A4P33c

vbimport

Hello,
I have an Liteon Shw-160h6s burner that has quit working.
The Shw-160h6s just makes a clicking noise, and get the message to insert a disk when there is a disk in the drive. tried uninstall,install. Think its fried.
Looking to buy another to install in my pc.
Walmart has a Lite-on DH-20A4P33C (model stated on the box)
and I can not find any info about this model on the internet.

Anyone know about this model?

I have an HP a1357c computer, running xp media center sp2.
IDE ATA/ATAPI cotrollers i think that are connected to the shw-160h6s.

Any help is needed, I have not replaced a burner before.

The real model name is the DH-20A4P. There are various threads about this model around the forum.

As far as replacing the drive goes, just note how the current drive is connected, and connect the new drive in the same fashion. Ensure that the jumper on the back of the drive is in the same position for the new drive as it was on the old drive. As long as you know how to open your computer case to gain full access to the DVDRW drive bay, that’s all you have to worry about. :slight_smile:

[quote=rosepetal;2130682]Walmart has a Lite-on DH-20A4P33C (model stated on the box).[/quote]I have no idea how much Walmart is charging for this Lite-On, but it’s probably much more than you’d have to pay if you mail ordered a DH-20A4P.

Look here if you can use one with a black faceplate ($22.99 and free shipping).

The same model with an extra white (beige) faceplate is here, but it isn’t a great deal now ($24.99 + $8.97 shipping = $33.96).

NOTE: at Newegg, these prices could change momentarily.

So what is the difference with all the model #'S, Lite-on DH-20A4P-04, DH-20A4H-08, DH-20A4H-06? That are listed on newegg.

Liteon that I looked at has DH-20A4P33C on the outside of the box.
How would I know if it is the same as these other models?

If the model number ends in an H or an L then it is Lightscribe capable.

BA

PS. Models that end in an S or an L also mean that it uses the SATA interface.

[QUOTE=rosepetal;2131827]So what is the difference with all the model #'S, Lite-on DH-20A4P-04, DH-20A4H-08, DH-20A4H-06? That are listed on newegg.

Liteon that I looked at has DH-20A4P33C on the outside of the box.
How would I know if it is the same as these other models?[/QUOTE]

The extra numbers/letters describe if it’s OEM or retail, and which [if any] accessories accompany the drive itself. This information should be included in the retailer’s description.

The difference between the 20A4H and 20A4P are as described in the post above and should also be obvious by the retailer’s description. :slight_smile: