Lite-on Media Tester

vbimport

I downloaded the SBMC32.zip media tester from the Lite-on site. It lets you know what speed the Smart Burn feature will use with your 32X burner. My question is I have the LTR 2402b which is a 24X burner. Can I still use the media tester program to identify media that would not burn at full 24X speed. That is if the program rates the media as 32X can I assume it will work fine at 24X with my burner? The program tells me that some of my older 12X media pass the 32X test. Reliable?? TIA

i had the same…and it worked…just try 1 disk

(but i have an different drive…24103s upgraded to 32123s)

it doesn’t work on mine…i geta doulbe error, “mode error” and the program starts recognising my mitsumi 4804te and not my 24102B

it mayb because my liteon is on the secondary slave…i really need to get in my PC and change it a bit.

I have tried the program with my 24102b drive. It recognizes the drive and tests the media without any problems. I was just wondering whether I am getting reliable results since even my older maxell unrated 650 mb media shows as 32x compliant with this little program. It does accurately know whether the media is 650MB or 700MB and the coating description changes from media to media. I do not know whether the speed rating comes from a test of the media or just reading some codes on the media. Perhaps the rating on the box of cd’s is updated as new burners come out but the actual manufacturing process has not changed so some 12x cd’s are really the same as 32x cd’s??

disable “hide media” if you use clone-cd

If you use the 32X Lite-on CD-R identifier program you’ll get what speeds the LTR-32123S would have written tha media at, not what speeds the LTR-24102B will write at.

Originally posted by shuebhussain
it doesn’t work on mine…i geta doulbe error, “mode error” and the program starts recognising my mitsumi 4804te and not my 24102B
it mayb because my liteon is on the secondary slave…i really need to get in my PC and change it a bit.

Anyone know what is goooing on here?

On my Lite-on 32X media tester program, the program gives you a pull down menu to select the cdrw-combo drive. It does not start reading a blank CD until I hit the ? button, then it works fine with my Lite-on 24102b in Win XP. Hope that helps.

The program is buggy.

I get several error messages when I start it and not all drives is detected, only some.

I’ve been able to use it without problems with both my drives Plextor 24x and LiteOn 40125s.
Of course Smart Burn has nothing to do with Plextor burner,but an inserted disc is tedected correctly.

Bye

if you have clone-cd installed…diable hide-media
i had not any errors afther i did that

hide cdr media is always disabled for me.

i forgot to mention, although the app doesn’t recognise my liteon but does my mitsumi, it does work with the mitsumi, so it is not a real problem.

i was just wordering wherer it was my PC or the app :wink: