Lite On Lvw 5007 Power Problem

vbimport

I Found A Lvw5007 That Powers On Then Right Back Off Is This A Easy Fix Or Is It Junk?

See the topic here and the links in it for some tips.

Turn on and off-corrupted firmware
You can fix it by loading new firmware update.(can be downloaded from liteon website)
Fixed two of them by myself.
:smiley:

how do i correct this problem with power on and off

Take a DVD drive from a computer connect it and see if you have the same problems.

If the problem happened after flashing the firmware try reflashing it again.

Does anyone know what this site is doing to fix the LMV-5007 if you send it to them in “option 3” on this site http://www.drx9000repair.netfirms.com

Recovering from a bad firmware update:
I’ve seen several of these attempts fail. If someone has tried to do a firmware update that failed there may be one of 4 outcomes:

1- It will be OK.

2- It will play some but tend to freeze and generally act strange and the TV Guide display will be distorted.

3- It will come on for a few seconds then go off for about a minute and then come on again, over and over.

4- It will come on with Hello on the display and the tray won’t open, there’s no video output and none of the buttons work.

Numbers 2 and 3 can be repaired by sending the unit to us for repair.

@radarshop - sgsgroup fixed the problem by flashing the firmware again, see here

hi all,
I have a very similiar problem on my 5007, I have been reading some of the solutions on this site for the pass couple of days and did try couple of the methods. Here are some details.
My 5007 will turn on,say hello and bye and cycle off and no again , then dvd rom will start reading(tv screen show it read for about a sec then shut off), then cycle the whole thing again and again until I turn it off.
It will do the same thing even if there is a upgrade firmware cd in the drive and as soon as it just start reading it it will just turn off and restart again.The machine can eject the tray no problem so I will assum the problem is in the firmware.
Here are thing that I have try so far:

1. I pull out the orignal liteon 451s off the machine and hookup to my pc and it works fine.
  2. I hook up others dvd writer(liteon),cdrw(samsung) and dvd reader(samsung) and they behave the same way as the orignal dvd writer(451s).
  3. Try to do reset on the machine by going into setup and factory restore mode but do not have enough time to finish it before the unit restart again.
  4. I have also try to hold stop button during turn on the machine or the remote but no difference.

I believe I have tried what I know of hand and if anyone out there could kindly give me a helping hand that would be appericated.

The 5007 I got it used so I do not know the history of it. thanks in advance.

@o122 - It seems you tried about everything that could be tried. I think the 5007 needs a power supply or some other type of electronic repair of which I am not familiar.

@o122

Before you junk it or send it in for repair, why not try burning various firmware on different types of CDR(W)s. Have you ever done a successful firmware update before? ie., the various tricks of restore to default and power off and make sure you un-rar or un-zip the firmware file and only one firmware per CD etc

Some flash memory has a bootblock portion that retained it’s memory even after a bad flash in order to allow firmware updates that failed to recover. It is possible that your 5007 flash memory is so corrupted that even the bootblock portion is gone. If you know how to pull out the flash memory chip and use an EEPROM programmer…you may be able to fix it.

@o122 -thrunner brought up some good points.

Fix for on/off cycle problem: You will need a plug strip with on/off switch and a good firmware CD. Plug 5007 into plug strip with switch off then turn plug strip on while holding the 5007’s stop button and continue to hold stop till display shows PUT IN CD, release stop button, drive tray will open, put CD in tray and press close button. Drive should spin up and display shows F-UP 00XX (xx is version number like 0040) firmware is updating DO NOT POWER OFF AT THIS TIME. Update will check drive and display will show D-UP 00 if drive needs update the 00 will increase to 99 if not the display will show DONE and the drive tray will open, remove CD and leave tray open, turn plug strip off for about 30 seconds and then back on. The 5007 should display HELLO, the drive tray will close and the display will show BYE and power off, display will have clock 12:00 and you can now power the 5007 up by the front on/off switch, all should be good. If the drive had a problem or CD file was bad the display will show ERROR back after the PUT IN CD step which indicates a disk read problem.

I have a 5007 that will only display hello on the screen. The only buttons that seem work is the power button. It will switch the unit on and off. I can’t even get a display on my tv. I am wondering if some how my firmware got screwed up. My question is, is the chip that stores the firmware located in the drive or somewhere in the unit itself. I have tried hooking the drive of to my computer and it works fine. If the firmware is flashable through the drive I can flash it through my computer. If the chip is on the board I would like to know how I need to remove it, where it’s located and what type of eprom programmer can be used and where can I buy one and what software is needed.
Thanks

I have 3 LVW5007’s
The one that works at all in the record mode will only record on DVD+RW when I put in a DVD+R it goes into the “Preparing” mode a long time and then ejects the disk and says INVALID DISK. I have restored the software several times on this machine and it has no effect.
The second machine plays just fine if the disk is finalized or it is a rental DVD, but just put a DVD+RW in with a recorded item on it and the maching goes into the “PREPARING” mode and wipes out the items on the disk.
The third machine is in the option 4 scenario. I was installing the software and the update quit in the middle of the update. Now it says “HELLO” or the time “1200” and only responds to the on/off button. I had to take the machine front off to get the disk out of it.

Anyone out there have any suggestions. I bought all these on eBay.

[QUOTE=radarshop;1156071]Does anyone know what this site is doing to fix the LMV-5007 if you send it to them in “option 3” on this site http://www.drx9000repair.netfirms.com

Recovering from a bad firmware update:
I’ve seen several of these attempts fail. If someone has tried to do a firmware update that failed there may be one of 4 outcomes:

1- It will be OK.

2- It will play some but tend to freeze and generally act strange and the TV Guide display will be distorted.

3- It will come on for a few seconds then go off for about a minute and then come on again, over and over.

4- It will come on with Hello on the display and the tray won’t open, there’s no video output and none of the buttons work.

Numbers 2 and 3 can be repaired by sending the unit to us for repair.[/QUOTE]

I got #4. Any hope to fix this? I thought it was just a bad hard drive…

[QUOTE=BRIDGET555;2536215]I got #4. Any hope to fix this? I thought it was just a bad hard drive…[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly, you can get that if the DVD drive isn’t responding, or isn’t hooked up. If you’ve got another DVD drive handy you can try hooking it up instead (make sure it’s jumpered as MASTER). You don’t need to bother with a proper install just to test it.

I’ve read in other posts where some have replaced the burner, but the stuck at hello problem persisted. In those instances some think it is a hardware failure in some other part of the recorder, but I don’t recall exactly what. It can’t hurt to try another burner though.