Lite On LVW-5005 Macrovision

The site given is correct site, and the site says versions past 098 will not hack which explains why yours did not hack. The firmware you need is also there, but you just failed to locate it. On the site click Archive of LiteOn Firmware Files, US-LVW5005 (0102) -Firmware/ (it’s 9th from last of list), Real v098 -ES3/ (it’s 3rd from last of list), and this is the official firmware needed for your drive. Flash with that official firmware first, run hack program, reflash with mod firmware, and should should be set. Once flash completes the 0101 should change to 0098 in the serial number, and I think the B20G may change but am not sure.

How and why are post removed on this forum? Last night I realized my reference to CrazyCanuck post which was above my reply #29 of this thread is no longer there. I thought the CrazyCanuck post very informative as it explained what each part of serial number meant or designated and wonder both how and why it would be removed.

Thanks

I’ll give it a try. I appreciate your patience.

Never mind my questions. Without realizing thread was 2 pages I mistakenly thought CrazyCanuck post was removed when I didn’t find it on this page, but it’s still there on page 1 of the thread.

Bevills

You’re a genius. Thanks for the specific instructions!!! All is now well. It’s nice to have people like yourself helping others.

“On the site click Archive of LiteOn Firmware Files, US-LVW5005 (0102) -Firmware/ (it’s 9th from last of list), Real v098 -ES3/ (it’s 3rd from last of list), and this is the official firmware needed for your drive.”

• I see “US-LVW5005 (0102) -Firmware/” on that directory, but I did not see “Real v098 -ES3/”
  • The only other 5005 lilsting is “US-LVW5005 hacked - Firmware/”

That is the official 098 firmware, and you won’t see “Real v098 -ES3/.” Suggest you back flash first with this official 098 version before running hack as I did, and then run hack and reflash with mod 098 firmware.

OK, I’ve read this thread and don’t know what my options are. I purchased the Liteon 5005 from an Ebay supplier and it had been hacked to remove Macrovision and add the 3 hour LP mode. This was in Octover 2005. The machine now is experiencing problems…write failure on DVD+RW; Will not erase DVD-RW; playback stops intermittently on DVD+R discs; DVD-R appear to play ok. The DVD eject drawer will open ok using the remote, but will not always close with the remote. I’m looking for some input on my options. Can I re-install the firmware update 098, which is what it says right now. If so, what updates do I need and what is the process order if more than one update is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

IMO replacing the optical drive is best solution. I had 1 that stop recognizing all disks after just 6 months and replaced the drive with LiteOn SHM-165P6S. The LiteOn SHW-160P6S is another very good drive replacement. You might try cleaning the laser, and I’ve seen mixed results doing that. Another option is to send to LiteOn for repair, but I’ve seen several threads where users had failure again after repair in only a few months.

hi this idea was from another forum so well done for great idea. i have done lots of films this way and it still works every time .also try running it though a good freeview box digifusion works well for me cuts out the echo you were talking about cuts out the vcr as well