Lite On LTR48246S FW:SS0B

Call me thick if you want to…

I have a a LTR48246S drive with Firmware:SS0B and I can’t burn over 16 speed without getting the b/p kicking in…

My system spec

AMD 2100+
ABit KR7A Raid
512Mb Ram
120 Gig HDD (On Raid 1 Socket Normal Use Not Raid)
Matashita DVD Rom Drive (Primary Master)
Lite On 48246S (Secondary Master)
Zip 100 (Secondary Slave)
Win98 Second Edition (Via Chipset Drivers Installed)

Now I know what your thinking…DMA…

I have tried to turn it on but when you reboot it’s off again, I have tried new VIA drivers but it doesn’t make a difference…

Oh yeah I borrowed a 24102B to try and that behaves the same…

Any ideas would be appreciated…

Thanks…

66 Reads and no one has any ideas?

HELP!!!

Delete the secondary IDE channel in your device manager and reboot.
Provided that your drive’s on the secondary channel, if it isn’t then delete the primary and reboot. Should bring DMA back on.
Also make sure DMA is on in your BIOS if there is such a setting there.

Hmmm try to delete your IDE controllers (in Windows ;)) and reboot, reinstall your VIA drives etc.

OK I’ll try those ideas… let you know how I get on…

Thanks

Have you tried going into the bios and check whether the settings are correct? Check in the Standard CMOS Setup page, then check the IDE Primary Slave page and make sure IDE Primary Slave is set to auto Auto, also Access Mode->Auto.

I had similar problem before as I have a similar setup, I’m thinking it might have something to do with VIA chipsets?

try flashing your motherboards BIOS

I have the most recent BIOS installed, I had to flash recently to get a 2100+ xp chip working…

Anymore ideas would be appreciated… and the BIOS is set to Auto Detect & Auto Access Mode… The drive is recognised as an CDRW ATA33 device…

Thanks for the ideas…

try to unplug you zipdrive on your secondary controller
with only the cdrw on the 2nd ide channel
try and post result

Tried that already… still no DMA…

Thanks Anyway…

HELP…

A few months on and I still don’t have DMA working… ah I give up…

Get an Nforce 2 motherboard.:bigsmile:

Weshy.

Haha, that was sarcasm, I take it?

It better be since you don’t even have any way to enable DMA unless you use the standard MS drivers :rolleyes: