Lite-on ltr24102b cd-rw

Thinking about buying this burner any comments from current users good and/ or bad appreciated

no probs with this writer it can burn everything(sd2) and can easily handle 99min cd’s even max speed :wink:

Lite-ON LTR-24102B Rulez !

Enough said !

Thank you Kosh and trmin8or for your replies.

Seasons Greetings from Canada

This burner is simply grand. It cuts through every protection scheme I have encountered. (SecuRom New, Safedisc2) Do yourself a favor and purchase one.

I can only agree. This drive has been reviewed by a lot of sites (including CD Freaks own review) and all were good. Can’t go wrong with this drive I think.

G@M3FR3@K

I agree. I have read this review along with quite a few more on other sites but as this is my first cd-rw I felt I needed some opinions of current users who owned this unit. It’s always reasuring to see that others have the same opinions as the reviewers after several months of using a device. Just to mention I have posted this same question on several forums world wide and have received nothing but praise. My unit is on order and I would strongly suggest to anyone thinking of buying a cd-rw to give this unit your highest consideration. Hopefully my question will not only help me confirm what I felt but may help others as well. Anyone interested in seeing the other posts can PM me for the links.

Thank you to all for your help!
Seasons greetings from Canada

Now lets all “Burn baby Burn”

Superb drive, I have 2 and they are the best thing since sliced bread :smiley:

Simply brilliant, best value for money, had yams, plextor, sony, recoh, and this kicks all there butts.

Buy 3 of the little gems!!

After being a diehard Plextor fan for many years, I can say that Lite-on offers the BEST compatabilty w/ speeds that nearly equal the 24X plextor at HALF THE PRICE.

I cannot imagine why anyone would buy any other Burner. :cool:

Hey lukaspriest, everything ?? What about Kuschelrock 15?

You’ll have to forgive me, but I cant say I know what “Kuschelrock 15” is…I’d love to know…

Please note that I didnt adamantly state the the LiteOn will cut through every protection scheme out there…merely that it has defeated everyone that I have encountered…

hope that clears things up…

You know, the idea of a forum for the Lite-on drives is great. The only problem is that I don’t have any problems to work out. This drive does everything I could want w/o any hassle. About the only thing I can do here is to again point out that this thing rocks :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh ya.

Merry Christmas to all my Lite-on lovin brothers and sisters!!!

Originally posted by trmin8or
no probs with this writer it can burn everything(sd2) and can easily handle 99min cd’s even max speed :wink:

No way dude!
The Litey can’t handle the new Cactus Datata Shield protection at all!
You can’t even get the included mp3 player on those discs to work…
I tried every software available,but still making coasters,while my ordinairy Ricoh MP7200A cuts through this protection like a knife…
The Litey is a fine drive,but it’s not the ultimate solution to all protections…

Did you also try the latest Feurio 1.63.4 beta? It is supposed to work on copy-protected audio discs…

Lite-on? Right-on!

Originally posted by dividezero
Did you also try the latest Feurio 1.63.4 beta? It is supposed to work on copy-protected audio discs…

No,only the former version…I’ll try this 1,but I don’t expect it works…clonecd,discjuggler and cdmate don’t…

What do you mean it doesn’t do Cactus? Do you have one of these drives? I do an I can tell you there is NOTHING it can’t do! All hail LITEON!

So far im happy with Lite-On burner. Ive only owned it less than a week and decided to buy it for several reasons.

1. price
  2. nice reviews. Comparable to Plextor which cost 2+ times more
  3. Plextor’s bbs users seem to have little more problems than Lite-On bbs.
  4. Problems are better addressed on Lite-On bbs. I mean more replies per post thread.

Buy