Lite-ON LTR-52327S firmware QS03 (52/32/52)

vbimport

This is the newest retail firmware (QS03) for the drive! The drive is using Mediatek series 7 chipset … please post your overclocking results here ~

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~yukenny/liteon/LTR-52327S_QS03.zip

Overclocking? This firmware will not work on any other current drives! Thanks for the backup though Emilex.

Oops … thought it could work on series 6 writers … nvm then :slight_smile:

I have another question though … is there a way to use the nVidia SW driver (something like performance IDE driver) and being able to use CD Writers in applications like NERO? I’m receivnig this command error thingy and was forced to revert back to the stock Microsoft drivers. Thanks!

nVidia IDE drivers are currently crap. I’m also using standard MS drivers which isn’t really a huge problem…

One very interesting thing about your firmware backup is that the firmware ends with “SONY CORPORATION LITEONIT” rather than just “LITEONIT”

I really hope that Sony isn’t buying Lite-ON :frowning:

Also, here’s a Windows Flasher for anyone with QS01 to use to flash up to QS03.

:cop: :smiley:

yea … better ask Dave to change the number there … LOL
:smiley:

As for the SONY CORP String at the end of the fw … I think LiteON used part of SONY’s firmware code for the QS03 … anyway the 2 companies have been under close partnership in optical storage since the early days … and personally I think SONY does very good firmwares (much better than Samsung) just that they don’t bother to update it often :frowning:

Originally posted by Emilex

As for the SONY CORP String at the end of the fw …
I think LiteON used part of SONY’s firmware code for the QS03
QS01 is signed “only” by LITEONIT

The files’ data analysis :

BoSkin, is that a graphical representation of a per-line checksum or something?

As for the typo, it’s fixed now. I posted that at like 3:00AM :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dhc014

is that a graphical representation of a per-line checksum ?
you bet

So you’re suggesting that QS01 and QS03 are identical except the latter one is sort of “endorsed” by Sony Corp?

what’s that program u used BoSkin, and where can i get it? seems very interesting.

Originally posted by Emilex

So you’re suggesting that QS01 and QS03 are identical except the latter one is sort of “endorsed” by Sony Corp?
They are not exactly identical, the differences can be seen even with the nacked eye.
Just need some time for more detailed investigation.

@AZImmortal,

the prog is called WinHex, which can be found [COLOR=purple]here

Here’s the look :[/COLOR]

Search for differences

1. LTR-52327S_QS01\QS01.BIN: 524_288 bytes
  2. LTR-52327S_QS03\QS03.BIN: 524_288 bytes
    Offsets: hexadec.

279_245 difference(s) found

Search for equal bytes

245_043 equal byte(s) found.

:smiley:

Of course, it doesn’t mean that there’s necessarily 200k differences. It may be that they aren’t byte aligned…

@Emilex
Are you keen enough to pop the bottom cover off to read the MTK ASIC markings?